Premier League '21-'22 Season (2 Viewers)

Read something earlier that Pochettino wants to take the ManU job. Seems like maybe he finishes out the year at PSG with UCL and Messi and then makes the jump. ManU getting a temporary manager for now, right?

Read something earlier that Pochettino wants to take the ManU job. Seems like maybe he finishes out the year at PSG with UCL and Messi and then makes the jump. ManU getting a temporary manager for now, right?
I read somewhere that they had to take a temporary
And yes that same somewhere outlined what you just suggested will happen

Yes that's the plan I'm reading. Interim coach to hold the fort til Pochettino is available.

Even so, if Totnam can shed Kane, it still might be a better landing spot than the huge defensive liability that comes with CR7
Possibly. And it seems like a conundrum for ManU with CR7. He scores amazing goals in critical moments that they absolutely need. But doesn't necessarily provide the pressing, defensive workrate and really can't be subbed out if he's in the lineup to start with. Seems like a perfect situation for a super sub at 60' role, but he probably wouldn't go for that. Be interesting to see how long he actually stays there.

And at the same time, you could also ask 'what exactly is the system?' that OGS has been running. Are they actually a pressing team? Or are they a sit back and absorb and counter? Did they really have something that defined how they played?

Possibly. And it seems like a conundrum for ManU with CR7. He scores amazing goals in critical moments that they absolutely need. But doesn't necessarily provide the pressing, defensive workrate and really can't be subbed out if he's in the lineup to start with. Seems like a perfect situation for a super sub at 60' role, but he probably wouldn't go for that. Be interesting to see how long he actually stays there.

And at the same time, you could also ask 'what exactly is the system?' that OGS has been running. Are they actually a pressing team? Or are they a sit back and absorb and counter? Did they really have something that defined how they played?
That's been the issue with OGS. How are we playing? Too many times half seemed to be doing one thing and half had no idea.

As for CR7 I think he becomes a 60th min sub when needed.

That's been the issue with OGS. How are we playing? Too many times half seemed to be doing one thing and half had no idea.

As for CR7 I think he becomes a 60th min sub when needed.

From what I've seen, he had typically played 4 DEF, 2 CDM, 1 CAM, 3 ATT, but the attackers don't necessarily press well or consistently, and then having essentially 6 defenders would seem to say "soak up pressure and counter with speed up top". I just don't think there was a consistent plan.

From what I've seen, he had typically played 4 DEF, 2 CDM, 1 CAM, 3 ATT, but the attackers don't necessarily press well or consistently, and then having essentially 6 defenders would seem to say "soak up pressure and counter with speed up top". I just don't think there was a consistent plan.
He switched to back 3 vs Spurs and it seemed to work.
The next week...throttled
So it was more of players fitting in system and all being on same page.

Today they go out and 2-0 vs Villereal away...very jekyll and Hyde team.

He switched to back 3 vs Spurs and it seemed to work.
The next week...throttled
So it was more of players fitting in system and all being on same page.

Today they go out and 2-0 vs Villereal away...very jekyll and Hyde team.
I guess I’m trying to look at it like the Saints offense. We generally know what Payton’s scheme involves and how teams will be attacked.

With Liverpool, you know it’s the high press, turn the other team over and get the ball to Salah and Mane.

With Manchester City, it’s flexible, playing out of the back, lots of precision passing, scoring could come from anyone.

What’s that type of description for ManU under OGS like?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom