Prepaid Cell Phone Accounts (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
so a while back my GF and I split out phone accounts in preparation for splitting our entire lives. I am hoping to purchase a home within the next year so I didn't want a company to do a credit check and affect my score. So it seemed like going prepaid was a workable option. I went with TMobile since that is who our contract was with and I figured it would be an easier switch. But the service in the FQ is horrible (specifically when I am inside and that is where I work)

So my question is does anyone who uses a better prepaid option? The only one I have heard about is Boost. Or is there another work around to avoid the credit check? I know it wouldn't bring it down a bunch but if it affected me by a half point interest that would be huge.

I use Spectrum Mobile, which uses Verizon.
We were on Cricket, which uses ATT.

Both are technically prepaid.

so a while back my GF and I split out phone accounts in preparation for splitting our entire lives. I am hoping to purchase a home within the next year so I didn't want a company to do a credit check and affect my score. So it seemed like going prepaid was a workable option. I went with TMobile since that is who our contract was with and I figured it would be an easier switch. But the service in the FQ is horrible (specifically when I am inside and that is where I work)

So my question is does anyone who uses a better prepaid option? The only one I have heard about is Boost. Or is there another work around to avoid the credit check? I know it wouldn't bring it down a bunch but if it affected me by a half point interest that would be huge.

It is your lucky day. I have a $50 prepaid Tmobile GC I will give you. I bought it on a deal for $25 and I can't use it on my postpaid account. TMobile took care of me so I will just give you the card # and pin code and you should be able to redeem it. Assuming you are going to stick with Tmobile prepaid, you can have it. Let me know, and I will PM it to you.

It is your lucky day. I have a $50 prepaid Tmobile GC I will give you. I bought it on a deal for $25 and I can't use it on my postpaid account. TMobile took care of me so I will just give you the card # and pin code and you should be able to redeem it. Assuming you are going to stick with Tmobile prepaid, you can have it. Let me know, and I will PM it to you.

that is an extremely generous offer and I may take you up on that if the service options are no better with other companies. My goal really is to switch though since I am getting like 1 bar when I am at work. It is so frustrating.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom