Prepare for another championship. We are good! (1 Viewer)

NOLove

Hunter
Reaction score
Since coach has come back, everything has been right. The 2006 mindset, Rex Ryan, free agency and the draft all worked out and we are set. Don't get me wrong, we still have to develop our young guys, but we have more talent to work with. Mark my words, our defense will out shine our offense this season. I'm not saying the offense will take a step back. I just believe in guys like Junior, Tez, Jordan and Hicks. We have experience, we have youth, we have talent and we are hungry. Who Dat!

There is already certainly that feel to the upcoming season, reminiscent of '06 and '09, a lot of good offseason moves and coaching changes, and of course having SP back. Gonna have the swag back, Brees with a new chant, cant wait!

Since coach has come back, everything has been right. The 2006 mindset, Rex Ryan, free agency and the draft all worked out and we are set. Don't get me wrong, we still have to develop our young guys, but we have more talent to work with. Mark my words, our defense will out shine our offense this season. I'm not saying the offense will take a step back. I just believe in guys like Junior, Tez, Jordan and Hicks. We have experience, we have youth, we have talent and we are hungry. Who Dat!

I agree. I think we will AT LEAST be middle of the pack. It's a gut feeling. I had a gut feeling we were gonna stink it up last year so ima stick with my gut

Since coach has come back, everything has been right. The 2006 mindset, Rex Ryan, free agency and the draft all worked out and we are set.

am I the only one wondering what Rex Ryan has to do with it? :grin:

basically I agree, although I'm not sure ALL our farts smell like roses right now... you're right, there are definitely things to work on

There is no way in hell the defense will outshine the offense, and I am a die hard B&G tinted glasses wearing fool.

I'm pretty sure our defense will be top 10 this year. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic.

am I the only one wondering what Rex Ryan has to do with it? :grin:

basically I agree, although I'm not sure ALL our farts smell like roses right now... you're right, there are definitely things to work on

:plus-un2: The Rex Ryan comment caught my attention too. It would be a crime to have him as one of our coaches.

There is no way in hell the defense will outshine the offense, and I am a die hard B&G tinted glasses wearing fool.

Agreed. It's impossible honestly. Our offense would have to fall off tremendously for the defense to outshine them. As long as we keep scoring, other teams are playing catch up. We could barely stop 3 or 4 big plays a game last year. As good as our defense may get, we can't stop all the big plays. So because of that alone, I think we will be a middle of the pack D. But with our offense, that's all we would need to be...

...actually, after proof reading my paragraph above...there is a chance for our D to out shine the offense. Given, it will be a tough task but I no longer think it's impossible. If all the teams are playing catch up, then our defense will get more chances at creating turnovers. If the players on our roster fits into Rob Ryan's scheme, then our defense could become a takeaway and again be described as 'opportunistic.' Remember how Sharper had like 3 interceptions in his first two games as a Saint? With one being returned 97 yards for a TD? Remember the score of those games? 45-27 vs lions. 48-22 vs eagles. If our Rob Ryan can get our players into position to make plays and they make em...then there is a possibility of our defense outshining our offense. THAT would be a beautiful thing to witness!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom