Prepare for AP 2.0: 'He Is Still Going to Be in That Upper One Percent' (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Prepare for AP 2.0: 'He Is Still Going to Be in That Upper One Percent' | Bleacher Report

I don't really start threads, or post links, so don't know what I am doing here, so if I am doing some thing wrong, feel free to correct me.

But none the less, this is a great article on my boy AP.

The best part of it, is where AP talks about it isn't about what he wants, its about what God wants. And how he has let everything go, and decided to let God run his life. Very uplifting and as some one who is also on this plan also and has seen the how amazing God is, this is an awesome aspect of AP to see. Makes me like him even more than I did before.

AP was always one of my favorite non Saints players, and even before playing a down as a Saint, he is one of my favorite Saints players, merely because of his character.

Now, on the Saints' practice field, and in the locker room and weight room, teammates are calling him something else: "AP."

"I don't mind it," Peterson says. "AD reminds me of my childhood. AP sounds more professional and grown."

Looks like either version will fly now.

Prepare for AP 2.0: 'He Is Still Going to Be in That Upper One Percent' | Bleacher Report

I don't really start threads, or post links, so don't know what I am doing here, so if I am doing some thing wrong, feel free to correct me.

The best part of it, is where AP talks about it isn't about what he wants, its about what God wants. And how he has let everything go, and decided to let God run his life. Very uplifting and as some one who is also on this plan also and has seen the how amazing God is, this is an awesome aspect of AP to see. Makes me like him even more than I did before.

AP was always one of my favorite non Saints players, and even before playing a down as a Saint, he is one of my favorite Saints players, merely because of his character.

The only thing you are doing wrong is not posting enough.

I've always been in awe of AD. I always wanted to put pain on the Viking players, but not him. He's 1 of those special players that you can't root against. Barry Sanders was another, they're just special athletes and special people that can lift up a team. Humble, respectful, not a nasty bone in their bodies. I would be absolutely delighted if he would light it up this year.

He should be a good locker room presence. He's a hard worker and hopefully that rubs off on his team mates.

It will be "AP" for me from now on.

I was very harsh on A.Peterson when the story of his punishments to his children came out and I might have been too quick to judge. It seems like the man put all that behind him and sought a better/higher way of doing things, makes me glad to hear he has turned that around and ashamed of my own close-mindedness.

Well, I truly believe that if there was a physical specimen who could rewrite the 30year old + running back record books, it is this guy.

Well, I truly believe that if there was a physical specimen who could rewrite the 30year old + running back record books, it is this guy.

This. A highly motivated, physical specimen, arguable top 10 if not top 5 running back of all time looking to smash some faces. Shhhhiaat, glad to have him black and gold. I'd have to be opposing defense's this year.

Thanks for posting. I am beginning to get excited at the thought of Ingram and Peterson running the ball down the throats of defenses. And then Brees to Thomas/Snead, etc. Sounds pretty awesome, doesn't it.

I'm excited to see if he can rewrite the record books and make the doubters believe. Hopefully he adds a couple of W's for us.

Looking forward to see what AP brings to the Saints Offense. Also how that open things up for other players. Not sure how a team with Drew and AP can be defended. Glad its not my job.

Nice post, please post more. Adrian Peterson has had some character bumps along the way, but he seems focused and righteous...and combine that with once-in-a-generation talent and a chip on the shoulder...well, I am not betting against that!

I just can't wait to see him out there in the black & gold. My expectations are probably lower than most. I don't expect him to be the Adrian Peterson that we've seen all these years. Not for an entire season at least. I do think he can be that guy in spurts. Like he ain't as good as he once was but he's as good once as he ever was. That type of deal.

IF we get 90% of AD, he stays healthy for the season and breaks 5 freak long TD runs this year, I will start going to Mass again on Sundays..... Then again

Thanks for posting. I am beginning to get excited at the thought of Ingram and Peterson running the ball down the throats of defenses. And then Brees to Thomas/Snead, etc. Sounds pretty awesome, doesn't it.

This offense is nothing, if not proven.

I know Kamara is a rookie and Thomas is in his second year, but look everywhere else:

Ginn - has speed, always has
Snead - great route runner and hands and has proven it at the NFL level
Oline - Strief, Warford, Unger, and Peat are proven
Brees - Lol, I ain't even gonna go there, too much to write
Peterson - He's in the GOAT RB conversation
Ingram - Proven NFL RB in his prime at age 27

Then look at the two "young-uns" Thomas and Kamara. Thomas has the best or second best rookie year ever for a WR, the other fella was a guy named Randy Moss. Kamara will be taking over a role that allowed a rookie named Reggie Bush to put up 88 catches. Again, these guys are young and in important roles, but we have ZERO reason to believe that they can't produce.

This offense is proven. Payton put it in place, Brees makes it happen, and the other 15 or so guys do their job. I know we are missing a top 3 LT for a large portion of the season, but don't fret, this offense will move the ball and score quite regularly.

It's what they do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom