Prepare yourself for a down year (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't give him a fair shot at QB he'll walk next year. Is this one year of him playing multiple positions really worth it? We can make him do it this year, but it will be his last if we do.
You have no idea what the market is regarding Taysom as a QB. Not flaming, seriously asking: which 3 teams would be most likely to pursue Hill for their starting QB job in 2022?

You have no idea what the market is regarding Taysom as a QB. Not flaming, seriously asking: which 3 teams would be most likely to pursue Hill for their starting QB job in 2022?

I have no idea what his market is going to be. But if he doesn't get a fair shot here he'll go somewhere that he can. Teams that could be in the market for a QB next year? Pittsburgh, Houston, Washington, Denver, Philadelphia...Maybe Carolina and Detroit if their retreads don't work out. Maybe the Packers if they don't feel Jordan Love is ready. Maybe the Giants. I feel like this may be Daniel Jones last shot. Maybe Atlanta is ready to move on from Matt Ryan. It doesn't have to be a guaranteed starting job. It just has to be a shot if we're going to play the "we were going to let you play quarterback but since a receiver got hurt and we didn't sign or draft any, we can't play you at quarterback" game. I don't think we are. I think it's just fans.

I have no idea what his market is going to be. But if he doesn't get a fair shot here he'll go somewhere that he can. Teams that could be in the market for a QB next year? Pittsburgh, Houston, Washington, Denver, Philadelphia...Maybe Carolina and Detroit if their retreads don't work out. Maybe the Packers if they don't feel Jordan Love is ready. Maybe the Giants. I feel like this may be Daniel Jones last shot. Maybe Atlanta is ready to move on from Matt Ryan. It doesn't have to be a guaranteed starting job. It just has to be a shot if we're going to play the "we were going to let you play quarterback but since a receiver got hurt and we didn't sign or draft any, we can't play you at quarterback" game. I don't think we are. I think it's just fans.
I was not even talking about this in relation to Payton moving him back to joker without giving him a shot. There is no way that happens. Payton is going to let Winston and Hill compete for the job. No way this team keeps trusting him if he cancels a QB competition because his WR1 is hurt.

I think he will know his starter by the end of camp though. I think Winston will win the job, but do not exclude the idea that Hill could pull a Roy Hobbs here, though I think the chance is remote.

I just do not think Hill is going to find much of a market for himself as a QB only if he loses the QB competition here. People on SR try to play down how old he is, but there are not many GMs that are looking to bring in a 32 year old running QB that has never been a full time starter, has less than 200 career passing attempts, and has a history of getting injured.

I would say that WFT and Houston (if Watson is done there) would be the most likely candidates, but even then he would be coming to a situation like NO, where he would at best be in a real competition against a younger QB with the expectation he plays joker for them if he lost the QB competition.

If we don't give him a fair shot at QB he'll walk next year. Is this one year of him playing multiple positions really worth it? We can make him do it this year, but it will be his last if we do.
Oh I agree. But if Jameis beats him out, then I believe that Taysom will be man enough to assume his role as Swiss Army knife. He’s a solid guy. And he would still be making a good bit of money if he stays with us next year, in that said role. He will get a fair shot, I do believe that though

I was not even talking about this in relation to Payton moving him back to joker without giving him a shot. There is no way that happens. Payton is going to let Winston and Hill compete for the job. No way this team keeps trusting him if he cancels a QB competition because his WR1 is hurt.

Then when you responded to my post, you didn't read the post I was responding to because that's what it was about.

I think he will know his starter by the end of camp though. I think Winston will win the job, but do not exclude the idea that Hill could pull a Roy Hobbs here, though I think the chance is remote.

I just do not think Hill is going to find much of a market for himself as a QB only if he loses the QB competition here. People on SR try to play down how old he is, but there are not many GMs that are looking to bring in a 32 year old running QB that has never been a full time starter, has less than 200 career passing attempts, and has a history of getting injured.

I would say that WFT and Houston (if Watson is done there) would be the most likely candidates, but even then he would be coming to a situation like NO, where he would at best be in a real competition against a younger QB with the expectation he plays joker for them if he lost the QB competition.
Come on, let's be serious. Why would a GM bite on Taysom after Sean passes on him? He will not be traded for. So, I would say the market for Taysom as a FA QB is a chance to compete at league minimum (because he doen't want to play the joker role.....just QBing) for a bad team.........at best! This is Sean's experiment alone! The teams you mentioned, are not looking for one more talented but, unproven project QB. They have their own QB projects to contend with. It's New Orleans or bust for Taysom. His only real value to other team is his joker role.

It would be a minor miracle to finish at 8-9.

Looking much more like 7-10 and heaven forbid 6-11.

Onyemata first 6 games.

Thomas at least 6 games and I bet when he does come back he'll be just as useless as he was at the end of last season. I think this will be a second straight lost season for Thomas. I think we've seen the last of him being an elite receiver. Just tragic.

Winston or Hill not having the old Michael Thomas is just a recipe for disaster.
Dude, camp hasn’t even started yet. We have absolutely no idea what will happen. We really don’t know what the W1 roster will look like. I always enter a season understanding that things can not work out as hoped, but still hoping and excited for a fun season. This Debbie down stuff, before things even get kicked off is for the birds.

He is not right or wrong. No one knows what will happen this season. No one knows who will or won't step up. Our roster obviously is not as strong is some areas as the last few years, we will be depending on young players to step up, is it likely that we have a good a team as the past few years? No, is it impossible, no....I'll wait and see what happens but I'm not going all doom and gloom yet....

This is what I've been saying the whole offseason. that 9 game winning streak last year we ran the ball 30+ times almost every game. I think our offense's (and oline's) strength is the running game....

And, in that 9 game winning streak, the defense played great. I don't see them playing as well this year.

And, in that 9 game winning streak, the defense played great. I don't see them playing as well this year.

And one of the reasons they played great is because they weren't on the field the whole game....Geez, I don't get people giving up on the season before it even starts....

Then when you responded to my post, you didn't read the post I was responding to because that's what it was about.
I read it. I just thought because this was a discussion board and all, that expanding the conversation was acceptable. Hence my question about who else would want Taysom as a QB, regardless of the reasons why he might leave NO.

And one of the reasons they played great is because they weren't on the field the whole game....Geez, I don't get people giving up on the season before it even starts....

Who said anything about giving up on the season? But, in the games that had good rushing numbers, the Saints were ahead. In the games that they didn't, they were behind. Maybe the Saints defense comes out and plays well. But, that side of the ball has taken a lot of hits this offseason so it's reasonable to expect the Saints to not play as well on defense. They may not have the option to run as much as Payton would like.

In a way, this is a coaches dream. A talented team that no one is counting on. It’s the perfect situation to motivate and engage a team with a certain attitude. An attitude I think Sean Payton has had his whole career.

not gonna count out the boys. I think we make a playoff run.
I disagree. I think a coach's dream is an uber-talented deep team with no holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom