Preparing for Jeopardy (1 Viewer)

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Let's just say that someone took the test and met all of the qualifications. How would you recommend they study or brush up? James Holzhauer apparently did it by reading books of facts in the children's section of the library. Ken Jennings famously prepared flashcards on subjects that come up over and over again.

How would you prepare to play Jeopardy?

You want broad shallow exposure to many topics, no need to deep dive into subjects. That’s why children’s books work well. Know all the presidents and the approx years they were in office, the royals from England, dynasties in Far East, etc.

Study up on Potent Potables

And good luck!!!!

Assuming you make it, you know you’ve got to do something small as a shout out to The Who Dat Nation!!!

Looking forward to hearing about your journey.

Let's just say that someone took the test and met all of the qualifications. How would you recommend they study or brush up? James Holzhauer apparently did it by reading books of facts in the children's section of the library. Ken Jennings famously prepared flashcards on subjects that come up over and over again.

How would you prepare to play Jeopardy?
I'd need a Ken Jennings brain transplant. ;)

Seriously, that's the only way I could make it on that show.

I had this book in my bar so day drinkers could be entertained with the bartender.

51bv9CnTcVL._SX336_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Book of Useless Information addresses virtually every imaginable topic, from the most unusual tourist attractions in the United States to the legend of Dracula.
  • This 704-page padded hardcover book contains articles, statistics, facts, trivia, and lists that range from absurd to useless to hilarious.
  • Readers learn about the deadliest diseases of the 20th century, the craziest entertainment acts of all time, the world's most unusual museums, the most outlandish laws on the books, the biggest Hollywood blunders, the most dangerous jobs, and much more.
  • Quirky illustrations enhance the stories.
  • Sample chapters include: The Unexplained, Science and Technology, The Arts, History, Around the World, and Death and the Macabre
The Book of Useless Information provides hours upon hours of fascinating reading for anyone with a curious mind. Makes a wonderful gift for trivia buffs.

Here ya go.. $4.14 with free shipping... you got nothing to loose.

Last edited:
I had this book in my bar so day drinkers could be entertained with the bartender.

51bv9CnTcVL._SX336_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Book of Useless Information addresses virtually every imaginable topic, from the most unusual tourist attractions in the United States to the legend of Dracula.
  • This 704-page padded hardcover book contains articles, statistics, facts, trivia, and lists that range from absurd to useless to hilarious.
  • Readers learn about the deadliest diseases of the 20th century, the craziest entertainment acts of all time, the world's most unusual museums, the most outlandish laws on the books, the biggest Hollywood blunders, the most dangerous jobs, and much more.
  • Quirky illustrations enhance the stories.
  • Sample chapters include: The Unexplained, Science and Technology, The Arts, History, Around the World, and Death and the Macabre
The Book of Useless Information provides hours upon hours of fascinating reading for anyone with a curious mind. Makes a wonderful gift for trivia buffs.

Here ya go.. $4.14 with free shipping... you got nothing to loose.

Even better, the Uncle John's bathroom reader series, at over 30 volumes, will probably cover nothing that has ever been on Jeopardy.

My roommate and I both did the Jeopardy college tourney back in the early 90s. We read books of facts, guiness records, and I studied up on my bartenders guide. Sadly I did not make it on the show, but did make it to the 2nd round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom