Preparing for Jeopardy (1 Viewer)

Don't be a bad guesser. The worst contestants are smart people who are bad guessers. And never, never, never forget the category.

Last edited:
If it were me I'd first list out my weakest categories and start there. Like someone else said...you don't have to be an expert in all categories so focus on broad strokes of those categories. Geography wouldn't be a bad one to spend some time on....there's some fairly obscure geography questions because most contestants know the more common stuff. Good luck. We watch nightly as a family. If you make it he sure to let us know when you're on.

Don't be a bad guesser. The worst contestants are smart people who are bad guessers. And never, never, never forget the category.

I sometimes get the question right because I will say the only think I know about the category . So sometimes guessing can work out but be sure to guess something in regards to the category.

You want broad shallow exposure to many topics, no need to deep dive into subjects.

This is the correct answer.

i once tried out for Jeopardy, way back when you had to try our in person, and online applications hadn’t been developed yet.. i didnt make the cut.. but i did go onto another game show and wound up winning.. the key, whether it’s a televised game show, or playing Trivial Pursuit with friends , is to know a little bit about a lot of stuff.. i always say, my knowledge base is ’a mile wide, but only about an inch deep’.. the only two categories i would ever be considered an ‘expert’ in would be the Beatles music, and the New Orleans Saints teams of the 1980s.. everything else, i just know a little bit about.

I sometimes get the question right because I will say the only think I know about the category . So sometimes guessing can work out but be sure to guess something in regards to the category.
but as a strategy, if your guesses are wrong more often than right then you lose money (you also take a wrong answer off the board which gives your opponents even more of a chance to get it right)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom