Preseason Cut in Half (1 Viewer)

What worries me is they keep whittling away, I'm afraid what we'll be left with, if anything, is a watered-down mess that won't be worth watching.
Yep, it seems that the hopes of a season will be whittled away until we end up having to watch some hand-picked NFL games from past seasons every week like they were doing on the SEC Network all during the isolation period. I've never watched so much LSU football in my life. Too bad that I knew the outcome of every game. That just takes away all of the suspense.

Domino number 2.

What worries me is they keep whittling away, I'm afraid what we'll be left with, if anything, is a watered-down mess that won't be worth watching.
That is the best case scenario IMO.

It could have been done but we traded ending lockdowns two weeks early and no social distancing or masks for another 12 months of the virus. Seems like a dumb trade off in hindsight but then again, it seemed dumb when we were doing it.

There is still an outside shot we could have a season and if everyone gets on board with the masks but kind of feels like we already opened pandora's box.

Isn't this what a lot of people wanted anyways? A shorter preseason. It does hurt players since there were no minicamps and stuff.

For the most part season ticket holders want a shorter preseason so we don't have to pay full price for meaningless games. Non-ticket holders generally don't want anything to change because they aren't paying for tickets anyway and if they permanently shorten the preseason they're going to add to the regular season which will impact the record books.

Yea there’s no way the 2020 season will happen. Hundreds of players will be sitting out until a vaccine is developed. Some players will be testing positive, forcing the rest of the team to quarantine for weeks at a time. There is just no way

For the most part season ticket holders want a shorter preseason so we don't have to pay full price for meaningless games. Non-ticket holders generally don't want anything to change because they aren't paying for tickets anyway and if they permanently shorten the preseason they're going to add to the regular season which will impact the record books.
They should refund season ticket holders for 1 game.

It's ridiculous how the NFL roosterteases you people.

This is just another domino to fall. The NFL is kidding themselves if they think this season will go on as normal.
They will wait to the very last minute to make the announcement that fans will not be allowed at games this year. Meanwhile their STH money stays tied up.

If they move to a shorter preseason permanently after the 2020 season, they’ll just tack on that missing revenue to the “premium games” on the schedule every year like they did in 2016 and 2017 to justify lowering the price of the preseason games.

Ticket prices won’t go down; if anything, they’ll go up.

maybe an out of place comment, but 2020 ain't looking close to what i thought it would be 10 years ago. I thought i would be a millionaire and the Saints would have at least 2 SBs. Well I ain't close to a millionaire yet , and the Saints still only have one marvelous trophy in the case. Good news is 2020 ain't over and I still have 5 months to grab that winning lottery ticket and the 2020 Saints ain't been shut down until further notice of course.

If they move to a shorter preseason permanently after the 2020 season, they’ll just tack on that missing revenue to the “premium games” on the schedule every year like they did in 2016 and 2017 to justify lowering the price of the preseason games.

Ticket prices won’t go down; if anything, they’ll go up.

The NFL won’t permanently get rid of preseason games without adding regular season games.

You are not paying for preseason tickets as a season ticket holder, according to the way the NFL/Saints charge you. Only the regular season tickets have face value. Basically, they are giving season ticket holders the preseason tickets for free.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom