Preseason football: the biggest mirage in pro sports (1 Viewer)

• Admin

By Mike Detillier / Sports Correspondent

In the New Orleans Saints’ first preseason game against the Minnesota Vikings on Friday night there were some good moments, some moments when you realize that it was a dress rehearsal and there was a lot of good, bad and in-between play.

The positive for the Saints in the Vikings’ 34-25 win was the accuracy and poise shown by quarterback Teddy Bridgewater even when he held the ball a little too long in the pocket.

I was also impressed with the running skills and power/speed element of quarterback Taysom Hill when he ran the Saints version of the option.

Running back Dwayne Washington, despite getting a ton of competition thrown at him from young and older players, ran the ball well between the tackles and also caught the ball well, and I was impressed with the physicality and post-up receiving skills of former University of Texas wide receiver Lil’Jordan Humphrey.

On defense, I liked the hustle and all out play from rookie defenders in linebacker Kaden Elliss and defensive end Porter Gustin and third-year defensive end Trey Hendrickson.

Full Story - houmatoday.com

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom