Preseason officially canned (1 Viewer)

Anything that gives teams less preparation is advantage Saints. All of the teams with new coaches or quarterbacks are going to be at a disadvantage. That includes the Bucs who roll into New Orleans week 1 having no game reps with Brady at QB.

They should never bring preseason games back. Just consign them to the annals of history.

Agreed. Glorified practices

Except the younger players don’t get as many reps in practice. Jeff Saturday was on one of the shows today talking about making the team as a late draft pick/UDFA. He said he’d get 2 or 3 reps in practice and 50-70 in a preseason game. If they get rid of preseason games I think they should replace them with more joint practice sessions with other teams.

Except the younger players don’t get as many reps in practice. Jeff Saturday was on one of the shows today talking about making the team as a late draft pick/UDFA. He said he’d get 2 or 3 reps in practice and 50-70 in a preseason game. If they get rid of preseason games I think they should replace them with more joint practice sessions with other teams.
This. Without a preseason players like Colston, Streif, and Pierre Thomas might never make the team. The Saints have been great about finding late round gems and UDFAs, especially in the Payton/Loomis era. No preseason might force the team to go with a “known commodity” veteran rather than taking a chance on a younger player with more upside.
Available roster spots on a deep team are hard to come by.

My biggest beef with preseason as a season ticket holder is being charged full price for 2 practices every year.

Anything that gives teams less preparation is advantage Saints. All of the teams with new coaches or quarterbacks are going to be at a disadvantage. That includes the Bucs who roll into New Orleans week 1 having no game reps with Brady at QB.

this is a very valid point. It’s going to be weird seeing him opposite the Saints , sulking with someone other than BB

This. Without a preseason players like Colston, Streif, and Pierre Thomas might never make the team. The Saints have been great about finding late round gems and UDFAs, especially in the Payton/Loomis era. No preseason might force the team to go with a “known commodity” veteran rather than taking a chance on a younger player with more upside.
Available roster spots on a deep team are hard to come by.

My biggest beef with preseason as a season ticket holder is being charged full price for 2 practices every year.

Last year they changed the preseason prices to less than that of regular season games

Last year they changed the preseason prices to less than that of regular season games

It’s all playing with numbers. They put a lower price on the preseason games then pick a couple regular season games to put a higher price on to make up for it. They haven’t lowered anything. Prices just go up.

I remember when rookie RG III lit the Saints up in week 1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom