Preseason QB Battle (1 Viewer)

Who will the QB battle?

• Jameis Winston

• Tommy Stevens

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tommy Stevens will pull a muscle in camp and go on the IR list. If he is smart, he will go along with this. He can maybe be the backup QB next year if the Hill experiment goes live in 2021. He is the "perfect" backup prospect to Hill in 2021. He can maybe parlay that pulled quad in August into a JOB in 2020 on IR.
That's funny how we all know how the situation will play out.

Tommy Stevens like Taysom Hill is NOT an NFL QB.

We don't know that yet. There are 32 starting NFL QB's at any one time. OK, some teams don't really have a legit starter, but IF the Saints decide that the Hill Experiment will "go live" in 2021, then, Taysom Hill WILL be an NFL QB. I don't know how long that will last. Some NFL QB's last one game as the "starter" some last a few games, a season, a few seasons, etc. If Taysom Hill starts one game at QB, his resume will say.....NFL QB.

Last year I posted a battle thread on Teddy vs Taysom in preseason. It was close, but Taysom came out the winner. This year I was going to do a Teddy vs Jameis Winston, but I figured that it's not going to be fair considering that Taysom has been with the team 3 years now.

So to keep it fair, it's Jameis vs Tommy. I'm rolling with Tommy on this one.
Who do you have winning the preseason battle?

tenor.gif

Did we actually win that Vikings playoff game in your alternate reality?

I actually find it funnier that you thought Taysom Hill beat out TB5 and was the Saints backup to Brees last year.
So it's safe to say that according to your perspective, Teddy won last year's preseason's battle, right? I'm not asking about what happened during the regular season.

So it's safe to say that according to your perspective, Teddy won last year's preseason's battle, right? I'm not asking about what happened during the regular season.
I'm not sure you understand how any of this works.....
There is a distinct reason as to why your post is getting the ratings that it has gotten.

He was the better QB in pre-season but was too valuable in his various roles to limit him to holding a clipboard, especially when we were paying TB $8M to do just that.

He was the better QB in pre-season but was too valuable in his various roles to limit him to holding a clipboard, especially when we were paying TB $8M to do just that.
I agree. Some just don't want to admit that Taysom made more plays in preseason looked better than Teddy. I understand that he wasn't a 1st rounder, or never been to a pro-bowl, hell...he has yet to start a game. The only thing that Teddy has over Taysom at this point is experience.

Zack Baun vs Adam Trautman for 6th qb
Why waste that talent at the bottom of the depth chart? I'd rather them battle it out at Center. I guess the better question is who would you rather see bend over out of the two?

We don't know that yet. There are 32 starting NFL QB's at any one time. OK, some teams don't really have a legit starter, but IF the Saints decide that the Hill Experiment will "go live" in 2021, then, Taysom Hill WILL be an NFL QB. I don't know how long that will last. Some NFL QB's last one game as the "starter" some last a few games, a season, a few seasons, etc. If Taysom Hill starts one game at QB, his resume will say.....NFL QB.

So despite the fact Winston like Bridgewater being the obvious backup QB in case something happens to Brees it's Taysom Hill that is the real starter once Drew retires..EVEN though he's never lead an NFL offense in the regular season and Winston coming off a 5100 yes passing season and Bridgewater before injury had a lot bowl under his belt?

Taysom Hill despite these players legacy is just being given the position by default because Payton likes his athleticism.

Not against Taysom but he's obviously been passed up again to backup Brees and it's not because he do vital playing as a Swizz army knife, he's a glorified gadget player that Payton has gotten the most out of, I don't see him leading an NFL Franchise especially one built to win now.

Last edited:
Do despite the fact Winston like Bridgewater being the obvious backup QB in case something happens to Brees it's Taysom Hill that is the real starter once Drew retires..EVEN though he's never lead an NFL offense in the regular season and Winston coming off a 5100 yes passing season and Bridgewater before injury had a lot bowl under his belt?

Taysom Hill despite these players legacy is just being given the position by default because Payton likes his athleticism.

Not against Taysom but he's obviously been passed up again to backup Brees and it's not because he do vital playing as a Swizz army knife, he's a glorified gadget player that Payton has gotten the most out of, I don't see him leading an NFL Franchise especially one built to win now.

Personally, I see the chances of who is the starting QB for the Saints (8+ games as starter) in 2021 as follows:

Jameis Winston: 60%
Taysom Hill: 30% (This would mostly be coach and his ego saying go with him.)
Drew Brees: 5%
The Field: 5%

In my mind, Jameis Winston has, BY FAR, the most upside of any QB on the Saints roster. I think he will show that in Training Camp, pre-season and in the regular season should he get in some games. Good Coaching and the ability to see, should help him out a lot.

Last year I posted a battle thread on Teddy vs Taysom in preseason. It was close, but Taysom came out the winner. This year I was going to do a Teddy vs Jameis Winston, but I figured that it's not going to be fair considering that Taysom has been with the team 3 years now.

So to keep it fair, it's Jameis vs Tommy. I'm rolling with Tommy on this one.
Who do you have winning the preseason battle?
I'm totally confused.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom