Presenting...the Saintscade - Super Bowl XLIV Champion Edition (Saints Themed Arcade) (1 Viewer)

Silly Burrito

Drew knew.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I just received my final souvenir from the 2009 Saints season, but it’s definitely one of a kind. I’ve dabbled with MAME for over 10 years now, and I’ve always thought that owning my own arcade cabinet would be cool. I had my own NBA Jam arcade, but I’ve always wanted a custom MAME arcade as well. However, I never had the time to build it. I even bought another kit for a bartop arcade, but between my normal job and my side business, I simply didn’t have the time to build it (it’s sitting in my shop now).

So, back in December, I contacted Jack from ArcadesRFun about building me an arcade system. It was just going to have a simple Saints theme, with the Saints logo on the control panel. But then, the Saints started winning, and winning…and eventually we kept pushing it back thinking “What if?” Well, we all know that the Saints won, so we decided to make my arcade reflect that. The artwork took longer than normal, but it finally arrived today, and I just can’t stop smiling. :ezbill:

With that, I present….the Saintscade. Super Bowl XLIV Champion Edition.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k4TAlqGjTNY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k4TAlqGjTNY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I&#8217;ve got various memorabilia from the Super Bowl all over this. It&#8217;s got my ticket, my program, and some of my favorite pictures from my trip there, along with other Saints logos (thanks to multiple people on this board for their ideas, logos, and help!). It&#8217;s built to play almost any game that can exist, for the most part. I have a bunch of other things from the Super Bowl, but this (along with my actual framed ticket/poster collage) is something that I&#8217;ll always have to remember that great day.

Just wanted to share, and thought that some of you might like to see it.

Attachments

• P1030542.JPG
    P1030542.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 27
  • P1030544.jpg
    P1030544.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
That is awesome, man. Beats the hell out of my Blitz '99 cabinet.
EDIT: 4-player with the trackball and everything! I am really jealous now.

holy crap.. what games are on there..

jeez.. thanks now my stuff looks like junk

Jealousy is a stinky cologne that I am wearing right now!! Awesome!

holy crap.. what games are on there..

jeez.. thanks now my stuff looks like junk

I built the PC and shipped it to him, so it can pretty much play whatever I want. Right now, I'm trying to get Steam working with Hyperspin so that I can play some Street Fighter 4, Virtua Tennis, and others.

What are the specs on the computer running it? What is the "biggest" emulator you have on there (N64? PSX? Gamecube?)?

That Hyperspin front-end is awesome! i have an old PC hooked up to my main TV with a bluetooth PS3 controller... i might have to grab Hyperspin to manage the emulators and ROMs like you have done. Wicked.

What are the specs on the computer running it? What is the "biggest" emulator you have on there (N64? PSX? Gamecube?)?

That Hyperspin front-end is awesome! i have an old PC hooked up to my main TV with a bluetooth PS3 controller... i might have to grab Hyperspin to manage the emulators and ROMs like you have done. Wicked.

MAME is the main function, but it's got some other emulators on there (not PSX or Gamecube, I'd rather just stick to the old classics). The PC is a Core 2 Duo overclocked to juuuust over 4Ghz (4.05, to be exact), running Vista Ultimate and 4GB of RAM.

totally awesome, I'm a video junky from way back, the only question is, does it have NFL football & can you play the Saints vs Vikings & crush Farve over & over on it?

totally awesome, I'm a video junky from way back, the only question is, does it have NFL football & can you play the Saints vs Vikings & crush Farve over & over on it?

Not yet, but I figure I can get some good ol Tecmo Bowl action (with the latest rosters) on there. Should be good times. :)

Are you going to feel the need to build another one when we win the Super Bowl again?

That's going to be my virtual pinball cabinet. :ezbill:

On a side note, if you haven't seen virtual pinball, check this link out for an awesome build, and the video below gives you a taste of what's out there as virtual pinball goes.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4826

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F_ILihnUCMc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F_ILihnUCMc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom