Presidential Candidates Set to Appear During Eagles vs. Saints Game (1 Viewer)

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
snews.gif

No matter where we turn these days we simply can’t avoid politics, and specifically the presidential election. Whether its the 100 robo-calls nightly that I’ve been fielding or the political pollsters trying to get my opinion (I suppose it comes with living in a “swing state”), there’s nary been a moment of piece in the Eubanks household over the past two months. In fact perhaps the only respite from it all has been our beloved football viewing. Even that is once again under fire this election season though.

As SportsBusiness Journal is reporting, both the Obama and Romney campaigns are interested in a spot during halftime on the Novemeber 5th Monday Night Football game between the Philadelphia Eagles and New Orleans Saints. The move isn’t unique or unprecedented — in fact Obama and Senator McCain appeared four years ago as well — but in my opinion it is downright silly.

The segments are limited to about three minutes a piece for each candidate, and quite frankly if you don’t know who you are voting for by the time the day before the election rolls around, then chances are you don’t care about the candidates anyhow. The last thing I think we as America needs is to start mixing too much politics with sports. It’s the one relief we all have from the seriousness of everything else in life.
Read the rest and vote in the poll at ThirdDownConversion.com.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom