Press Release from saints: Fans arrive to game early (1 Viewer)

this is how i roll.

cell-phone-flask.jpg

Now thats fricken awesome

Right on the money Eeyore. That's why its better to go to college games. Plus the Superdome's location and parking doesn't allow for great tailgating like you would have at LSU. I promise they would make more money if they lowered the price of their food and beer. I purposely get drunk to my limit before the game so I don't have to pay more than a 6 pack for one bear or a xxxxxx hot dog. They are a bunch of xxxxing crooks. And the merchandise is worse. I got an email about youth apparel on sale. They have it seprated in to categories like youth, men, women, gifts, ect.. The clearance had a joe horn jersey reduced to 40 bucks. They must be out of their ****ing mind if they think someone is going to buy that. Or a $70 infant jersey. ****ing greedy *******s.
Tell us how you really feel killer :covri:

Because of ticket brokers (scalpers) They buy up season tickets and them double or triple the price on Stub Hub and these other scalper sites. I believe Washinton even caught some of their ticket agents selling tickets directly to Stub Hub people to get a kick back. And the biggest problem is the NFL actually promotes Stub Hub.
Stub hub is great, don't blame them. I got my season tickets for 20 bucks over face (400 vs. 380 retail)... you just have to be smart about it and not expect to find a great deal every time you log on. Some people are so lazy, I don't get it.

How can I find out what size lenses are allowed? My wife and I are going to the Nov. 8th game and she is bringing her Nikon D90 to take pictures for me. I don't want her to bring a lense that she isn't supposed to.

I have a D90 as well. The wording at the dome says "No lens over 6 inches." if she has a 300mm Telephoto lens that is right at 6 inches she should be ok. However, she may have to take it off the camera in her bag. Some of the bag checkers are not exactly the smartest folks and think that the lens + camera cannot be larger than 6 inches. Even though the wording specifically says lens.

Tell us how you really feel killer :covri:

Sure. I went to Acedemy to get a new Saints hat, but couldn't find a new one I really liked. I considered settling for one of the sideline hats (I get the official one every year), but decided I would wait until I went to NO for the Saints game. I went to New Orleans, went to the black and gold store, and did not find a hat that I wanted, but noticed the same hats I saw at Acedemy in the range of $15-20 were $25. Also, t-shirts were $30. I hadn't been to black and gold for years, but man expensive now is different than expensive then. Next, I went to the mall in Jax where they got that cool burger place and another Saints store. This one had the same hats for $30. The sales person asked me if she could help me and I told her "yes, tell your owner to stop being greedy, yalls prices are 30% higher than your nearest competitors" (there overall prices were, tshirts, ect.

I am disgusted with how much these places in New Orleans are charging for Saints gear. The further away I go from N.O., the cheaper I get the same stuff. On one hand, I don't understand how they get away with charging so much, but on the other I do-- some saps bow down and pay without argument, enough so that the prices keep increasing.

I have no problem with the price of a ticket. I can understand the price of parking though I'd like to know who the hell decided to put the dome there. Hotel and gas, if you go with friends you go dutch, though most times we don't stay overnight or get a hotel.

The atomosphere is good. I can't wait till they re-open the mall/foodcourt that connects to the dome. I think Benson bought that recently? But the prices for food and drinks, even water, is ridiculous in the Superdome, but also every theater, every athletic facility, and I am and always will be outraged at this.

I don't express my opinion about it nearly as much as I used to for the sake of not making my wife angry and embarassed in public, but I hate it. Hawaii, Disneyland, they're all a bunch of crooks. Some of the prices they charge I couldn't do with a straight face. They are greedy. And Joe Smoe John Q Public gives them the power to be.

Id love nothing more than to go to every Saints game. But I can't afford it, and when I could afford it, I had trouble justifying the cost on a weekly basis. I only went when I got free tickets from friends in sections 119 and 135. Or from my friend at the radio station (and those were up in the nosebleed). But even then, Im taking all my friends so we can split the cost of gas and parking. And even then, we are doing our drinking pregame. I make 50-80K a year. My wife makes about 45K. I can't imagine the cost of buying tickets, traveling to New Orleans, getting a hotel, buying food for my little girl (and the new one on the way) while in the dome because you know kids see popcorn and nachos and go crazy, buying a Saints shirt for the kids and maybe hat and foam finger. By the time I get through paying all these overpriced charges, Im probably out $700 easily. Good luck convincing my wife this is a vacation so we can use vacation money for it. Maybe when they light the xmas lights in city park if the game is in NO that weekend.

But for the average income family, who generally support the NFL by tuning in each week so all that tv money that fuels the league, it is awfully hard to attend an NFL game. Not like it used to be. And that is what I am angry about. So while I love my team, and the atomosphere is great (but not as great as Tiger Stadium, though I love the Saints more than LSU and always have), I would rather spend no money and watch the game from my couch in high definition on my large TV while cooking a roast or something and having my frineds over. Because when its over, my back doesn't hurt, I don't have to travel, and Im not broke for the next month.

"Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit." (Ephesians 5:6) See also Romans 13:13; Galatians 5:19-21; 1 Peter 4:3.

Well, the only time I drink is for football games, and were talking about 6 or 7 times a year. So let he without sin cast the first stone. And notice I said I drink to my limit. I don't get stupid drunk (anymore). To me, with drinking, there is a good buzz, then there is a point of no return. I stop at a good buzz, because at 29, with a great family, and considering I don't drink often, drinking to the point of no return is too much to recover from the next day and too much to put my body through. He also turned the water to wine, not just any, but the best. Moderation in everything.

And aside from parents who buy concessions for their children, I blame everyone for the high prices on concessions at sporting events and movie theaters. QUOTE]

Dude, its all part of the product on the field. If they don't get a rake at the concession stand, they'll bump you on the ticket. If everyone employed your strategy of boycotting the concession stand, we would pay for it some other way, ie higher ticket prices. It's a business, if revenues don't exceed expenses, you'll be subjected to the wild world of sports on nbc.

But for the average income family, who generally support the NFL by tuning in each week so all that tv money that fuels the league, it is awfully hard to attend an NFL game. Not like it used to be. And that is what I am angry about. .

Supply and demand.

And aside from parents who buy concessions for their children, I blame everyone for the high prices on concessions at sporting events and movie theaters. QUOTE]

Dude, its all part of the product on the field. If they don't get a rake at the concession stand, they'll bump you on the ticket. If everyone employed your strategy of boycotting the concession stand, we would pay for it some other way, ie higher ticket prices. It's a business, if revenues don't exceed expenses, you'll be subjected to the wild world of sports on nbc.

I believe if you charge a reasonable price for food and drinks, you will sell MORE food and drinks, have happier consumers, and more repeat business because of fair pricing. I know of a mom and pop owned theater that in most towns barely could compete with those massive franchise theaters, but they still make a good living because everyone keeps going back because the prices are reasonable. Where I might buy 1 drink for $7, Id probably buy 6 for $18. Theyd still make the same profit, during the same amount of time, but the margin wouldn't be as high. 7 million in net profit is still 7 million in net profit. I believe they could CLEAR the same amount of profit by lowering prices, because they would sell so much more.

Supply and demand.

Well, each year, more owners are finding it harder and harder to sell out their stadiums and their club seats. I hear it every week from GM's and business folk discussing the future of the NFL and the upcoming CBA. Pat Kirwin, while on a training camp tour, asked season ticket holders who no longer had season tickets why so, and the economy was pretty low on the list of reasons. The biggest reason was HD TV + Sunday ticket, the next biggest reason was that + computer for fantasy football, and the third reason was the pricing of food and ect, and the forth reason (related to the third) was the economy.

Add to that, many sponsors who buy suits and such are starting to not do so because of the economy. And many sponsors who pay TV for commercials are starting to no longer pay for commercials. So the NFL in the next few years may very well be drastically impacted by the economy. Not sure what that does to supply and demand, but when it gets too hard for fans to continue to sell out stadiums, and when the big ad and sponsorship money is no longer pouring in, they will have to cut prices. And I do very much believe they can make the same profit by cutting prices, because you can now buy multiple xx and not feel the sting that comes with paying $5 for a coke or $8 for a beer.

So those w/ flasks (Binocs, phone, or regular)... how do you pour/mix and not get caught?

Yep, never have brought it... but need guidance for when I do.

I as well as others in my group always bring flasks. There is usually a cop or dome security down by the railing watching everyone so I just wait until they walk off, which usually happens once every 5-10 minutes, and then turn around, place my souvenir coke on the floor behind my seat and pour away. The people behind me all see it and are very cool about it. They will even keep lookout for me incase the cop comes back. And there ya go!
:all_coholic:

just walk around the dome looking for the one guy who looks scared to touch you but need a job and enter that line if your packing a flask..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom