Press Release from saints: Fans arrive to game early (1 Viewer)

Probably a stupid question, but I am a dude and never bring cameras into the Dome. My fiancee is going to her first Saints game. Can she bring her purse and camera in? (I just never pay attention to if girls have cameras and purses) thanks!

Probably a stupid question, but I am a dude and never bring cameras into the Dome. My fiancee is going to her first Saints game. Can she bring her purse and camera in? (I just never pay attention to if girls have cameras and purses) thanks!

We do, and i expect her to have it when we go.

I bought some Bar-noculars on ebay last year. They look real and hold 16 oz of booze... gave them to the girl to bring in... no problems. Sometimes I think I could walk in with an ice chest.. the guy really doesn't check anything.

To the camera question. You can bring in your camera, but there is a limit on the size of zoom. If you have a point and click camera, you should have no problem. It is the add on zooms for the fancy cameras. A friend of mine brought one last year and had to check it in because they would not allow it into the game. It sucked because they missed the kick off waiting in line to check the zoom.

Why the heightened security?

The recent threats of terrorism, specifically the belief that they may be targetting stadiums and other places where large amounts of people gather.

As far as sneaking a flask in, you gotta get yourself one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/HomeWetBar-Se...1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1254369274&sr=8-1

Ive had this one for years and have never failed to get it in, they dont even look at it. I just wear it around my neck like a regular pair of binoculars.

Make no mistake... Fans need to get to the game early so that they can buy the $8 beers and $6.50 hotdogs. We risk being assaulted by the boogie man every time that we leave our home. If it's going to happen then it's going to happen. We can't allow our quality of life to be diminished out of fear. I believe that much of this is financial. In Chicago they've been squeezing the tailgaters by limiting where they can tailgate and when they open the lots. Right now you get about 2 hours and with this extra time squeeze there won't be much, if any, tailgating going on. I'm sure that other teams are doing the same. In Chicago if you are still in the parking lot after the game starts they kick you out. The only terrorist organization in play here is called the NFL.

I would love to see a competing league spring up that is more fan friendly.

Right on the money Eeyore. That's why its better to go to college games. Plus the Superdome's location and parking doesn't allow for great tailgating like you would have at LSU. I promise they would make more money if they lowered the price of their food and beer. I purposely get drunk to my limit before the game so I don't have to pay more than a 6 pack for one bear or a xxxxxx hot dog. They are a bunch of xxxxing crooks. And the merchandise is worse. I got an email about youth apparel on sale. They have it seprated in to categories like youth, men, women, gifts, ect.. The clearance had a joe horn jersey reduced to 40 bucks. They must be out of their ****ing mind if they think someone is going to buy that. Or a $70 infant jersey. ****ing greedy *******s.

Also when you consider the cost of gas, parking, and lord forbid you have kids to take-- they get hungry and thristy-- its no wonder so many teams are under the blackout. I have a 65" TV and high definition. And DVR. And my seat is way more comfortable than those seats in the dome.

Also when you consider the cost of gas, parking, and lord forbid you have kids to take-- they get hungry and thristy-- its no wonder so many teams are under the blackout. I have a 65" TV and high definition. And DVR. And my seat is way more comfortable than those seats in the dome.
Yeah but it's all about atmosphere. I try to attend Saints games in this area, but there's nothing like being in the dome with 70,000 Whodats!!

Airfare and motel for 2 nights = 245.00
Saints/Cowboys tickets (600 level) = 145.00
Beer and meals = 200.00

Watching the Saints whup the Cowboys in person and hooking up with members of SR.com for tailgating = priceless!!

why do the saints have a bunch of no shows? I know we the best fans so what gives? Must be a serious problem to release a press release

I've noticed that the Dome never fills up until well after kickoff. People must be stuck in traffic, or outside watching one of the typically awkward bands cover your normal party mix on the east side of the stadium. Either way, I've always wished we could truly get the place packed for kickoff.

:scratch: And to think... when I get to go to a game, it's still for the game. :hihi:

(Maybe I'm the designated catcher of the vodka wearing fan.) :scratch:

Yes, that has happened a few times in the steeper sections. :scared:

this is how i roll.

cell-phone-flask.jpg

And aside from parents who buy concessions for their children, I blame everyone for the high prices on concessions at sporting events and movie theaters. If we boycott and refuse to pay the price of a case for a soda, or the price of a six pack for one beer, they will have to drop their prices. But people buy anyway, and that's what allows them to charge so highly and be greedy. Im not saying we shouldn't support our team, just that they can be more reasonable. And using the excuse "its like that everywhere you go" doesn't justify it anymore than what 1st round rookies are getting paid. Neither is worth that much, and neither should cost that much.

why do the saints have a bunch of no shows? I know we the best fans so what gives? Must be a serious problem to release a press release

No, I'm pretty sure it is league policy that teams can not encourage noise. They can't promote noise over the loud speaker or with the jumbotron. This is the way teams get around that. This is basically code for be LOUD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom