Press Release from saints: Fans arrive to game early (1 Viewer)

And aside from parents who buy concessions for their children, I blame everyone for the high prices on concessions at sporting events and movie theaters. If we boycott and refuse to pay the price of a case for a soda, or the price of a six pack for one beer, they will have to drop their prices. But people buy anyway, and that's what allows them to charge so highly and be greedy. Im not saying we shouldn't support our team, just that they can be more reasonable. And using the excuse "its like that everywhere you go" doesn't justify it anymore than what 1st round rookies are getting paid. Neither is worth that much, and neither should cost that much.
Could be worse, be glad your not a Cowgirls fan.:9:

1 hundred thousand Saints Fans better be in Dome on Sunday to support the Saints .

Jesus loves Breesus

I'll make sure I tell my dad/pastor to let us out of church early Sunday so I can catch the kickoff to the Saints game. (Living is Cali is so bad for football)

Just explain God wants everyone to be a Saints fan. That should be easy enough to understand...

why do the saints have a bunch of no shows? I know we the best fans so what gives? Must be a serious problem to release a press release

Because of ticket brokers (scalpers) They buy up season tickets and them double or triple the price on Stub Hub and these other scalper sites. I believe Washinton even caught some of their ticket agents selling tickets directly to Stub Hub people to get a kick back. And the biggest problem is the NFL actually promotes Stub Hub.

Flyin in...

Yeah but it's all about atmosphere. I try to attend Saints games in this area, but there's nothing like being in the dome with 70,000 Whodats!!

Airfare and motel for 2 nights = 245.00
Saints/Cowboys tickets (600 level) = 145.00
Beer and meals = 200.00

Watching the Saints whup the Cowboys in person and hooking up with members of SR.com for tailgating = priceless!!

Dude, agreed! We're spending $800 for the two of us to fly from Prague for the Cowboys game, and you don't even want to hear what we paid for 30yrd line, lower bowl tickets. Beer check will be much higher as you list as well. What's food, by the way?

All worth it!

At an Alberton's liquor store in Baton Rouge, I saw a flask disguised as a pair of binoculars (8 oz per side). I opened it up though and it looked really cheap. It wouldn't fool anyone that took even a remotely serious look. I wonder if anyone makes a better looking imitation.

I have a pair of those I have brought them in every game for the past couple years and have never even been questioned abouth them.....each eye piece holds 8 oz so it holds about a pint....Thats more than enough for me durin the game

Also when you consider the cost of gas, parking, and lord forbid you have kids to take-- they get hungry and thristy-- its no wonder so many teams are under the blackout. I have a 65" TV and high definition. And DVR. And my seat is way more comfortable than those seats in the dome.

There have only been 38 blackouts in the last 4 yrs and I believe on 1 this yr. This has more to do with the product on the field than in the concession stand.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12253331

Could be worse, be glad your not a Cowgirls fan.:9:

No kidding. But I do have to say I'd like to go to that stadium one time, just to see. I just hate the seats at the superdome. I have a fracture in my back, and the least they could do is put armrests on all the seats. Though I like the Hall of Fame, and I like the mural to Katrina on the second floor. I prefer the old holographic cups. The newer ones, the paint on them peels too easily. If I lived closer to NO and the trip didn't upset my back, Id probably enjoy it more. I just find it too expensive for a family man, and I usually go without my family-- and still find it too expensive.

And the reason not many games aren't blacked out right now is because the local media market who is broadcasting the game normally buys the leftover seats so they don't lose the money the get from commercials that would be aired during the game.

So those w/ flasks (Binocs, phone, or regular)... how do you pour/mix and not get caught?

Yep, never have brought it... but need guidance for when I do.

I purposely get drunk to my limit before the game so I don't have to pay more than a 6 pack for one bear or a xxxxxx hot dog.

"Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit." (Ephesians 5:6) See also Romans 13:13; Galatians 5:19-21; 1 Peter 4:3.

To the camera question. You can bring in your camera, but there is a limit on the size of zoom. If you have a point and click camera, you should have no problem. It is the add on zooms for the fancy cameras. A friend of mine brought one last year and had to check it in because they would not allow it into the game. It sucked because they missed the kick off waiting in line to check the zoom.

How can I find out what size lenses are allowed? My wife and I are going to the Nov. 8th game and she is bringing her Nikon D90 to take pictures for me. I don't want her to bring a lense that she isn't supposed to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom