Pretty good analysis by Top Billin (1 Viewer)

I was just coming here to post the same video. I was impressed with taysom when I watched the game Sunday, but rewatching how well he worked the pocket and DIDNT bail out and scramble every other play is the biggest shock to me.

I still think this can go either way at this point but I’m excited to watch what he does in the coming weeks.

This gives me confidence that Payton can coach the flight instinct out of these athletic QBs. It's great to have. Deadly at times. But relying on your legs to make a play makes you a RB that can throw, not a QB.

You could tell Taysom fought the urge to just bust it to the edge and instead navigated the pocket when he could and kept his vision downfield. I think we could be looking at a Russell Wilson style QB with an uglier long ball. I'm not saying he's Wilson, but there's potential to get the same kind of opponent-frustrating scrambles as receivers find soft spots in the defense.

This gives me confidence that Payton can coach the flight instinct out of these athletic QBs. It's great to have. Deadly at times. But relying on your legs to make a play makes you a RB that can throw, not a QB.

You could tell Taysom fought the urge to just bust it to the edge and instead navigated the pocket when he could and kept his vision downfield. I think we could be looking at a Russell Wilson style QB with an uglier long ball. I'm not saying he's Wilson, but there's potential to get the same kind of opponent-frustrating scrambles as receivers find soft spots in the defense.

And there's nothing worse than doing everything right with perfect coverage but then QB sneaks out while your back is turned and runs for 20 yards. Wilson is a master at that. The way he does it man, doesn't seem fair.

If Taysom can continue to establish himself as a legitimate passer then he's going to rip off some huge runs because he's even faster than Wilson. Just from a game speed perspective I can't think of many QBs who can run like Taysom.

I was just coming here to post the same video. I was impressed with taysom when I watched the game Sunday, but rewatching how well he worked the pocket and DIDNT bail out and scramble every other play is the biggest shock to me.

I still think this can go either way at this point but I’m excited to watch what he does in the coming weeks.
Yes this is, in few words, what was surprising on sunday. Didn’t expect that. Very happy about that 🙂

So the play that catches my attention, the fake toss to kamara opening up the long crosser to Thomas. There's a free rusher coming from Hill's right and instead of panicking knowing full well Thomas will be open, he just slides to his left a couple of yards and then releases the ball just before he gets hit. That is classic Drew Brees.

That play more than any gives me hope that Tayson Hill will be successful as a starting QB n this league.

Key was giving him simple reads to prevent overthinking. processing speed slower than what we're using to seeing so no full field reads this game. pre-designed throws and 1/2 field limited route reads. Let him work into it. Played super well.

Key was giving him simple reads to prevent overthinking. processing speed slower than what we're using to seeing so no full field reads this game. pre-designed throws and 1/2 field limited route reads. Let him work into it. Played super well.

which is a testament to the execution.

When a team executes like we did on Sunday, it makes it extremely difficult to defend.

Normally, you cut a field in half for an opponent, ( like only have to defend 1/2 the field ). But our players executed in such a way that it was darn near indefensible.

Hey I see you did a video on the play I described about Taysom.

Good to see someone like you acknowledging what I thought was the most important pass play from Sunday.

Yes this is, in few words, what was surprising on sunday. Didn’t expect that. Very happy about that 🙂

Same Same. I was shocked, actually. I was totally wrong about him. We will see what happens once defenses have a few games of film to review, but I was very happy indeed. For him and for us fans, it was a great game.

And there's nothing worse than doing everything right with perfect coverage but then QB sneaks out while your back is turned and runs for 20 yards. Wilson is a master at that. The way he does it man, doesn't seem fair.

If Taysom can continue to establish himself as a legitimate passer then he's going to rip off some huge runs because he's even faster than Wilson. Just from a game speed perspective I can't think of many QBs who can run like Taysom.

On one of his touchdown runs he outran Dion Jones to the corner.

On one of his touchdown runs he outran Dion Jones to the corner.

He easily beat Jones to the corner. Deion had an angle and a clear path yet Hill makes him look like he's jogging. And Jones is one of the fastest straight line LBs in the league.

Just for further perspective Jones has 91 speed and 92 acceleration on Madden. That makes him the second fastest LBer in the game behind Devin White at 92. And as we all know Madden ratings are the definitive measure of a player's ability.

Last edited:
The play where he slightly gave ground til Thomas broke open was beautiful......mentioned above.
Another one I love was a 5 step drop, Neal had free release on him.....Taysom climbed a crowded picket likeSteve Young.
moved up,,shifted left, even out his hand on an OL back to get leverage, moved up again....all avoiding the rush all around him, KEPT HIS EYES DOWNFIELD....then completes a pass.
Seriously great stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom