Pretty good article on the whole Financial mess.. (1 Viewer)

<i>"....private profits, socialized losses."</i>

I gotta get me some of that.

<i>"....private profits, socialized losses."</i>

I gotta get me some of that.

LOL! yeah start a financial institution, make bad loans/decisions/investments, get "to big to fail" and you're good to go.

Nice article.

Add this to Social security, health care issues and we are in a bind.

And to think that kooky guy, Ron Paul was telling us to balance our ledger. Pffttt..

I'm a little more comfortable with the fed's actions after reading that. They seem to be doing the right thing for the circumstances.Thanks for the link.

Nice article.

Add this to Social security, health care issues and we are in a bind.

And to think that kooky guy, Ron Paul was telling us to balance our ledger. Pffttt..

One of the things he said I always thought made sense.. we better start changing this stuff up now.. while we CAN.. as opposed to waiting for it all to go to HECK then try and figure it out.. and the way the remaining candidates talk, looks like we're just going to continue straight ahead.. and figure out the details later :no:

Nice article, the last paragraph sums it up nicely:

So, after all this, we end up with the same old story. Whenever you see a financially driven boom and people tell you, "This time it's different," don't listen. It's never different. Sooner or later, the bubble pops, as it has now. And you and I end up paying for it.

Long term result of this mess is that upper management will get richer while the rest of us get poorer. We finance our greed while they're the ones that profit. So in a few years, how much higher will CEOs pay be as compared to the average Joe's, 1000x? The sky is the limit.

Nice article, the last paragraph sums it up nicely:

So, after all this, we end up with the same old story. Whenever you see a financially driven boom and people tell you, "This time it's different," don't listen. It's never different. Sooner or later, the bubble pops, as it has now. And you and I end up paying for it.

Long term result of this mess is that upper management will get richer while the rest of us get poorer. We finance our greed while they're the ones that profit. So in a few years, how much higher will CEOs pay be as compared to the average Joe's, 1000x? The sky is the limit.

I am just glad Bush got his supply-side tax cuts through. Its obvious that supply-side economics work.

Voodoo economics indeed.

Wasn't everything nice and balanced about 6+ years ago?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom