Pretty stupid article about Bush/Mario on ESPN Page 2 (1 Viewer)

Yet another blogger given the guize of a journalist. Demeco Ryans has made a bigger splash than Williams in Houston.

Williams has made 26 total tackles to Ryans' 79.

Yet another blogger given the guize of a journalist. Demeco Ryans has made a bigger splash than Williams in Houston.

Williams has made 26 total tackles to Ryans' 79.

Yeah, but you can't compare a Linebacker's tackle total w/ a Defensive End's. Linebackers will always have more tackles. Scott Shanle probably has more tackles than Julius Peppers.

Mario has played well, and will be a good player for a long time. I'd still take Reggie though. He made a big leap from last week to this week, and I look forward to see what he can do against that Bengal's defense.

Did anyone else notice this??
No doubt, Bush has sold tickets. But how much has he really contributed on the field?

"He won the game against Philly, but that got washed away by his fumble against the Steelers. He's gone over 100 yards from scrimmage as many times, once, as he's been held to negative rushing yards. He's had as many rushing touchdowns as he's thrown interceptions. He hasn't even had a good game. Not all of them were bad, but none of them were good."

Get your stuff straight pal.

Yeah, but you can't compare a Linebacker's tackle total w/ a Defensive End's. Linebackers will always have more tackles. Scott Shanle probably has more tackles than Julius Peppers.

Mario has played well, and will be a good player for a long time. I'd still take Reggie though. He made a big leap from last week to this week, and I look forward to see what he can do against that Bengal's defense.

Much better comparison than say a DE to RB though. Am I right?

He is right about Mario unfairly being compared to Sam Bowie. Quite a few people do owe the young man an apology.

"It's also not like Williams was some unheard-of prospect."

He was until the last half of his senior year and the combine. Whether or not Mario has a great career in the NFL doesn't change the fact that he was nothing special in college.

He said that bush put the ball on the ground and that lead to "3 unanswered touchdowns for the steelers"....

Ummm wasnt' the score 31-38 and they never were up by more then 2 TD's? Hes exaggerating things and pretty much lieing to sensationalize his story.

His facts definitely are off. It was against Tampa and not Philly that Bush ran back the winning punt return. Also, the score was not tied, but we were up by 7 when Reggie fumbled. Even with that this should not take away any criticism from Reggie. If Reggie is being criticized it is rightly so.

When you come out of college with the hype that Reggie had people expect you to be an instant MEGA superstar. That hasn't happened with Reggie. It's like winning a million dollars and ending up with a thousand after the tax man gets through with it. All the excitement is gone very quickly.

Right now Reggie is getting "hazed" by the media. The only way to shut them up is to produce on the field. When going gets tough, the tough gets going. The same people that are hazing now will be praising him later.

Keep your head and stay strong!

:sbob:

All in all, a good article.

This guy is an idiot. He makes the philly instead of tampa mistake twice in the article, which means it wasn't a careless mistake, he just doesn't know.

I imagine this guy has watched exactly zero Texans' games to draw a comparison as well.

What a moron. See this:

"Bush's apologists argue that his ability to occupy a linebacker, both when he's in the backfield and split out wide, is part of what's made the Saints' offense go. That's a tough sell. It's actually confusing that anyone would spy on a guy averaging 2.8 yards per carry and 6.6 yards per catch."

Whether or not a defense keys on a person is not determenable by his stats. Forgot "confusing," it happens. He needs to see the video, which PROVES defenses WAY OVER-REACT to even the idea of him touching the ball.

Man, what a fool.

Honestly, it kind of reads like it was written by some of the posters on this forum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom