Prey (new Predator movie on Hulu) (1 Viewer)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just came out today and I just finished watching it. Well worth the watch. Nice subtle references to earlier movies and one not so subtle one. The original is and always will be my favorite in the franchise, but this one ranks up there.

Just came out today and I just finished watching it. Well worth the watch. Nice subtle references to earlier movies and one not so subtle one. The original is and always will be my favorite in the franchise, but this one ranks up there.
The new Predator movie is excellent. Some nice call backs (forwards?) to the first 2 as well. Stunning cinematography, good kills. Imposing new creature. Great stuff in the mold of 1 and 2 and definitely better than the last 2. Not sure why is wasn't at theaters.

Excellent movie, damn was that Predator an amateur arse punk that never tried to dodge.

He got snuffed out in two days lol.

Just finished watching it and I enjoyed it. Just by telling a coherent story it was head and shoulders better than The Predator.

I liked that they went into the past to tell a story and it’s something I wanted to see the franchise do for awhile.

I did like main character although her storyline kinda had a Disney princess vibe but it wasn’t distracting. I’m glad they tried something different. The flower thing was a neat idea.

My criticisms would be it took too long to get to the actual Predator and there wasn’t really a horror element to this one. But overall a better movie than I expected and yeah I liked the subtle nods to the other movies.

Just finished watching it and I enjoyed it. Just by telling a coherent story it was head and shoulders better than The Predator.

I liked that they went into the past to tell a story and it’s something I wanted to see the franchise do for awhile.

I did like main character although her storyline kinda had a Disney princess vibe but it wasn’t distracting. I’m glad they tried something different. The flower thing was a neat idea.

My criticisms would be it took too long to get to the actual Predator and there wasn’t really a horror element to this one. But overall a better movie than I expected and yeah I liked the subtle nods to the other movies.
Predator movies have always been more about themes of protagonists surviving intense, severe natural elements while keeping their individual fear, paranoia intact while trying to avoid being killed, beaten up, assaulted or made a trophy case by one of the individual Predator alien creatures. Predator has always had a strong naturalism element which doesn't bring in the natural horror elements one expects from vampire, werewolves, or even some vivid sci-fi extraterrestrial film or strong religious-themed exorcist/demonic films or TV series.

I think this may be my favorite one of the 3 movies (Predator 2 being barely counted as a Predator movie). It felt more primal with more of a focus on being cunning and improvising than in the original. I also loved how that there was way more close quarters, hand to hand combat using non-firearm weapons. The main character and her brother were great actors IMO... Yeah, that bear scene was badarse...

I've always wanted a Carolina Dog that was featured in the movie. They came over on the land bridge which made sense to feature that dog breed.

The movie was awesome.

I think this may be my favorite one of the 3 movies (Predator 2 being barely counted as a Predator movie). It felt more primal with more of a focus on being cunning and improvising than in the original. I also loved how that there was way more close quarters, hand to hand combat using non-firearm weapons. The main character and her brother were great actors IMO... Yeah, that bear scene was badarse...
How was Predator 2 barely a Predator movie?

Wasn't aware of this. I think we have Hulu and if we do I'm going to watch this tonight. I liked the last one quite a bit where they were on the planet.

How was Predator 2 barely a Predator movie?
I remember being underwhelmed by it when I watched it so many moons ago. The OG film blew my mind, and for whatever reason, I was like 'meh' w/ the sequel. I may have to rewatch it and see how I feel about it now...

I remember being underwhelmed by it when I watched it so many moons ago. The OG film blew my mind, and for whatever reason, I was like 'meh' w/ the sequel. I may have to rewatch it and see how I feel about it now...
I’ve watched it many times and loved it. It’s urban warfare.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom