Prey (1 Viewer)

antipop

Phone's ringin', dude
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
this is a game made by the folks that made the Dishonored series(top 10 all time)...

fantastic game so far.... 9/10 FG

it's similar to Bioshock but different enough to hold it's own and it's in space...it definitely has that creepy factor that Bioshock has...

I would say GOTY contender but Red Dead 2 is coming out this year and Rockstar only makes GOTYs

I'm a Bethesda fan overall. I enjoyed Dishonored. I however did not see it as such an amazing game as other people did. This is also why I've been slow to look into both Dishonored 2 (still plastic wrapped) and Prey. I've watched a couple of people play Prey on Twitch and it seemed to fall into that same category. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually though since I just started Bloodbourne and stopped within an hour because I just do not have the heart to play another one of those games.

DH2 is actually better than the first, imo

I loved the original Prey. How is this the same game? Anything similar or just the same name?

"Tommy, I can't feel my legs."

I loved the original Prey. How is this the same game? Anything similar or just the same name?

"Tommy, I can't feel my legs."

I never played that Prey but from what i read, this is not a sequel to it. They basically just used the name with Bethesda's blessing.

I never played that Prey but from what i read, this is not a sequel to it. They basically just used the name with Bethesda's blessing.

The original Prey had a Native American character as the "hero" and his grandfather reminded me of Chief Dan George from The Outlaw Josey Wales. Was about aliens taking humans and the hero trying to save everyone. It was very good.

I know they're calling it a "reboot" or "reimagining" whatever that means. I read in a forum or review (don't remember where for sure), that it's supposed to be a sort of grandchild to System Shock. I have no idea if that's accurate or if it has those puzzle elements to it.

I just finished Prey last night. While it was lacking in certain areas, it made up for it in others. There were always multiple solutions to puzzles and methods of going about playing the game. The difficulty level was enough to keep me challenged, but not enough to be overly frustrating at the same time. Overall, I felt it was like Bioshock (both game play and storytelling style), but in space and dealing with aliens. I never played System Shock, but I'd guess since it was similar to Bioshock, then the comparisons are accurate. Throughout the game it had a few jump scares to keep you on your toes, but nothing that would define it in any sort of horror genre.

Picked up a used copy- solid thinking mans shooter. def a Bioshock and even half life 2 vibe (gloo gun instead of gravity gun for puzzles)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom