Prince Charles: Ban the Big Mac (1 Viewer)

In other words, you are in favor of the government telling us what we can and cannot eat, correct?

If you want to make your own trans fat to eat, then you should certainly be able to do so without Uncle Sam really caring.

Trans fat is not necessary in any way, shap, or form in any food. It can be removed. It should be removed.

Do you think that McDonalds should be able to put dog poo on your burgers?

I would agree with your opinion that it is the consumer's choice, if this stuff wasn't found everywhere you go. I'm not talking about just McDonald's. Like I said earlier, you're hard-pressed to find whole wheat bread with no HFCS. It gets to a point to where it isn't really a choice. As a poor college student, I can't shop at Whole Foods for my groceries. I have to buy and eat this crap. It's in my ketchup, mayo, relish, cereal, etc...

And look. We're pretty much the only country that has this problem. Don't be fooled into thinking that these things are necessary for taste or quality. When you visit outside the US to countries like France, Italy, Greece you see a lot of cheap food that is high quality and tastes a whole lot better than the run of the mill stuff we eat. Their people are hot and skinny, too.

While banning restaurants and certain dishes certainly is not the way to go, I am in favor of banning the use of substances like trans-fat and high fructose corn syrup in our food.

I agree,Trans Fats and Partially Hydrogenated oils should be outlawed!~other more healthy alternatives are readily available and should be mandatoryily implemented.
If these corporations really care about their custies they would voluntarily go to the more healthy choices not be forced into it.
I applaud NYC for starting this revolution.
Tis just begun gentlemen,Tis just begun.......

If you want to make your own trans fat to eat, then you should certainly be able to do so without Uncle Sam really caring.

Trans fat is not necessary in any way, shap, or form in any food. It can be removed. It should be removed.

Do you think that McDonalds should be able to put dog poo on your burgers?

I would agree with your opinion that it is the consumer's choice, if this stuff wasn't found everywhere you go. I'm not talking about just McDonald's. Like I said earlier, you're hard-pressed to find whole wheat bread with no HFCS. It gets to a point to where it isn't really a choice. As a poor college student, I can't shop at Whole Foods for my groceries. I have to buy and eat this crap. It's in my ketchup, mayo, relish, cereal, etc...

And look. We're pretty much the only country that has this problem. Don't be fooled into thinking that these things are necessary for taste or quality. When you visit outside the US to countries like France, Italy, Greece you see a lot of cheap food that is high quality and tastes a whole lot better than the run of the mill stuff we eat. Their people are hot and skinny, too.

If we are banning things that are potentially bad for us, then I am sure you are agreeable to banning alcohol. It's addictive. It causes liver problems. It even affects your ability to walk, drive, etc. I could make a much stronger case for banning alcohol than anyone could for HFCS. It is easy to ban the stuff the other guy uses. Not so much when it targets your vices.

I disagree. From my research this stuff is used to increase the shelf life and preservation of many foods we buy everyday. Poor people can't afford to shop at whole foods. And what of food prices if this stuff is used to extend shelf life and help preserve it? What about food spoiling? I see many pitfalls for a rote government ban.

And the dog poo analogy is great and all, but doesn't comport with reality. Evidently, although not healthy, HFCS does have a utilitarian purpose. Companies just don't put it in there for kicks; if taste and texture of foods aren't changed, from what I've read, it's used for preservation and shelf life; removing this stuff might cause an uncessary rise in food costs and open up the possibility of spoilage which might cause more public health concerns than its worth.

I know Wendys already uses the healthier grease for its fried foods voluntarily.
that is why i steer clear of BK and MCD's only maybe 2x a month at MOST!

at home,I use Canola or Safflower or Sunflower oil.
Im kinda partial to living it is a good thing and i want to live for quite a while yet.
The food will taste just as good if not better w/o the transfat junk in thare.

Maybe so. But when it's pretty much "the only way", you play with the cards that are dealt.

JMO

TPS

exactly..so live a little. i could care less if i die next week atleast i'll go down with a smile on my face. I'm sick of being told what i should and shouldn't eat and if my side kick tells me i can't get some fast food burgers that gives me all the more reason to get out there and get double the amount that i would usually consume. Give me beef tacos,beef burgers with loads of mayo and mustard..give me donuts..creame filled cakes,sausage,steaks,lasagna,pies,non light beer and whiskey.

Damn..live a little bit..what are you going to do if you hit 100? have conversations with yourself and look at the white walls?

To hell with that..when i go down..i'm going down happy and then hopefully Saints Peter and Paul will greet me at the pearly gates with a half a dozen hamburgers with extra cheese..cold beer,a shooter of Yukon Jack,some sponge cake with chocalate frosting and some donuts.

godblessthefatandjobless

I disagree. From my research this stuff is used to increase the shelf life and preservation of many foods we buy everyday. Poor people can't afford to shop at whole foods. And what of food prices if this stuff is used to extend shelf life and help preserve it? What about food spoiling? I see many pitfalls for a rote government ban.

And the dog poo analogy is great and all, but doesn't comport with reality. Evidently, although not healthy, HFCS does have a utilitarian purpose. Companies just don't put it in there for kicks; if taste and texture of foods aren't changed, from what I've read, it's used for preservation and shelf life; removing this stuff might cause an uncessary rise in food costs and open up the possibility of spoilage which might cause more public health concerns than its worth.

I'm not saying that HFCS = dogpoo, but I am remarking that the gov't should have the power to step in somewhere. The disagreement is over where they should step in.

HFCS is just a cheaper substitute for sugar. Partially hydrogenating stuff, though very unhealthy, does preserve food items. I think people should eat less of that stuff, but I can't say that it should be banned. HFCS, however, is worthless. It's horrible for you.

Kevin, I agree that the gov't should not say what items you should and should not eat. I love hamburgers. I don't eat them anymroe, since I stopped eating meat, but I love them to death and could understand why you'd want to eat them every day of your life. Fast food does not have to contain all of this crap. There are some already that have their food free of trans fat.

Last edited:
Kevin, I agree that the gov't should not say what items you should and should not eat. I love hamburgers. I don't eat them anymroe, since I stopped eating meat, but I love them to death and could understand why you'd want to eat them every day of your life. Fast food does not have to contain all of this crap. There are some already that have their food free of trans fat.

Please dont become a Super Steve about that low fat.red meat intake. Are you folks going to end up having full blown conversation with your shrimp platters when you end up in a assistant living community? red meat is under-rated..not in the pork league..but still under-rated.

p.s-if my bride/married at the alter leaves me a big salad in the fridge for lunch before she goes to work..little does she know..it ends up in the backyard fields for the deer and rabbits to knaw on.

iamredmeatandtheeaterofredmeatalsoporkproducts

In other words, you are in favor of the government telling us what we can and cannot eat, correct?

Lol, it's not as if they are making us eat something we don't want to. This is for the better and obesity is becoming a serious problem it's about time someone tries to take action on it other than making phony diet pill commercials.

If the food producers had to start making food without HFCS and trans fats, do you really think they would price the food so high that no one would buy it?

No. They would figure out a way to conform to the gov't guidelines while still maintaining a profit and keeping consumers happy.

Also, as previously noted, it is IMPOSSIBLE to find foods without HFCS. There are literally no alternatives right now. We are already not being given a choice about our foods and their ingredients. Except the entity limiting our options has their own profit margin as the goal, not consumer health.

And just try to find any bread or baked product without "enriched" flour- which is nutritionally worthless as well.

If the choice was there, those in the know would choose foods without HFCS and enriched flour. However, we do not have a choice at this time, other than pay sky high prices for organic and "trendy" WHole FOods items.

The poor would be able to afford healthy foods if the food industry were forced to make healthy foods affordable. WHich is what would happen if the use of HFCS, trans fats, enriched flour, and other worthless chemicals were outlawed in processed foods.

The food industry will not raise prices higher than the market will bear. And guess what? The food will taste better!

You sleigh me. :hihi:

TPS

come out with a snare comment like that at keiths wedding when i make the speech and its go time out in the parking lot of shawn patricks in amherst.

p.s.-i think the limp fish(right hand) wants heavy cards.dead jacksons//alot of e,

this wedding is going to coast me over a thousand dollars and i'm having a tough time figuring out why.

Also..you're sitting with my in-laws..GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Please dont become a Super Steve about that low fat.red meat intake. Are you folks going to end up having full blown conversation with your shrimp platters when you end up in a assistant living community? red meat is under-rated..not in the pork league..but still under-rated.

p.s-if my bride/married at the alter leaves me a big salad in the fridge for lunch before she goes to work..little does she know..it ends up in the backyard fields for the deer and rabbits to knaw on.

iamredmeatandtheeaterofredmeatalsoporkproducts

I don't want to impose my own diet on everyone else. I don't care how much meat someone eats. Meat rocks. I am for the removal of artificial, unnecessary and (more importantly) harmful substances from our food.

THE BURGER KING is quite a sneaky character!
I still love your milkshakes BK!& your Flame Broiled Hamburgers!Yummy!
Elvis might have left the building,there is a NEW KING IN TOWN!
av-1783.jpg

I am HOOKED on that SNEAK KING GAME!so cool!wowwie zowwwie!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom