Prince dead at 57. RIP (1 Viewer)

05-rod-stewart.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gjcs_NJIk_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Per the medical examiner, Prince died of an overdose...

CNN.com said:
Ramsey, Minnesota (CNN)

Toxicology tests for Prince concluded that the entertainer died from an accidental overdose of the opioid fentanyl, according to a report on his death by the Midwest Medical Examiner's Office.

Fentanyl, prescribed by doctors for cancer treatment, can be made illicitly and is blamed for a spike in overdose deaths in the United States. It's 25 to 50 times more potent than heroin and 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine, according to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

Prince, whose full name was Prince Rogers Nelson, died April 21 at age 57, after being found unresponsive in an elevator at Paisley Park, his home and recording studio in Chanhassen, Minnesota.

The report from the medical examiner's office, which was released on Twitter, didn't provide many details. "How injury occurred: The decedent self-administered fentanyl," the report said. For manner of death, a box was marked for "accident."

The report didn't specify how the drug was taken and if the fentanyl was prescribed or illegally made.

The music superstar weighed 112 pounds and was 63 inches tall when he died, the report said. He was wearing a black cap, shirt, pants, boxer briefs and socks and a gray undershirt, the report said. His occupation was listed as "artist" and his business as "music."

Prince died of accidental overdose of opioid fentanyl: Medical examiner - CNN.com

The only explanation that makes any since to me is still the AIDS explanation.
If the story is true about him not treating his HIV because he believed he was "cured" (prince was extremely religious), then it's not hard to believe it turned into full blown aids, he got the flu, and was told it was only a matter of time.

Prince is not one to sit around and wait for death, so he did everything he could do: record/schedule last minute shows like ATL/throw parties. The only way to deal with all of the fatigue, muscle aching, and other pain was...well, pain killers.

Prince didn't even like to drink, hard to imagine he was a drug addict.

I don't think it was AIDS. First of all, I first saw that report from the National Enquirer so that's a bit suspect. Second of all, by all reports from friends he seemed to be in perfect health. Third, he was performing by all reports at a very high level just very recently. I would think AIDS would be more of a dramatic downfall given the other things. Seems like just a BS report and he's not around to do anything about it. Maybe it's true, but it seems more logical he died of the drug overdose and not from AIDS whether he had it or not. Regardless it seems incredibly tasteless even if factual.

I've heard this from several places other than the enquirer. He was so private you would never hear this out of him. When you're doped up on pain pills you can perform at a high level, he did cancel the show though. I think he died of an overdose trying to medicate full blown AIDS, but I think he knew he was dying of the flu.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom