Prince dead at 57. RIP (1 Viewer)

One of my all time favorites... a true artist that was so uniquely talented. His 2007 Superbowl halftime show is the best one to date, in my opinion.

R.I.P. Prince.
I only want to see you in the Purple Rain.

Tough Loss. He was in his prime when Michael Jackson and Madonna were in their prime and more popular but in IMO, Prince was a better musician. RIP

In case this hasn't been posted, go to 3:30 and watch Prince dominate the guitar...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6SFNW5F8K9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I really enjoyed coming home and playing guitar last night, then putting my copy of purple rain on the record player and giving several toasts to Prince.
Then I made the mistake of coming up stairs and turning on the TV.

I could only watch about 20 minutes before I had to turn it....This is the closest I've ever felt to a celebrity feeling like a friend or family member passing.

I think it's just that it was completely and totally unexpected, I just saw the guy and he was in better shape then I will ever be in my life.....just crazy.

I feel blessed to have seen his send off and amazing final performance.

The thing that is the guy was the ultimate. Produced arranged composed and performed. Those 4 terms are completely amazing to me. So many artists Rely on songwriters, then they show up, lay down some parts and then wander off to let the producers actually create the end product. For a guy to be as prolific as he was, and to maintain absolute total control of his product is exceedingly rare.

Let alone his ability at the guitar. He has been the only person I've ever heard that can play Hendrix and do it correctly. Very much underrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing that is the guy was the ultimate. Produced arranged composed and performed. Those 4 terms are completely amazing to me. So many artists Rely on songwriters, then they show up, lay down some parts and then wander off to let the producers actually create the end product. For a guy to be as prolific as he was, and to maintain absolute total control of his product is exceedingly rare.

Let alone his ability at the guitar. He has been the only person I've ever heard that can play Hendrix and do it correctly. Very much underrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not to be overlooked, but incredible dancer as well

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/princes-purple-rain-returning-theaters-201505550.html

Prince&#8217;s first film, 1984&#8217;s quasi-autobiographical Purple Rain, will screen at AMC Theatres throughout the country as a tribute to the iconic singer who died Thursday.

The rock musical, in which Prince starred, with [sic] play in 87 of AMC&#8217;s locations on Saturday, April 23 through Thursday, April 28.

New Orleans

AMC Elmwood Palace 20

Would love to see it on today's big movie screens. Hopefully it translates well. Or they'll just show it in sd.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/princes-purple-rain-returning-theaters-201505550.html

Would love to see it on today's big movie screens. Hopefully it translates well. Or they'll just show it in sd.

Thanks for the scoop!!!

Just saw the movie! WOW!!! Very high energy! Lots of audience participation, clapping along etc. At the end, during the credits, everyone stayed because they kept playing great music!

Thanks again for the heads up! Glad I got to enjoy such a fun experience!

Wow i went to his purple rain concert back in the 80's with my girlfriend at the time(she was a big fan) . kinda hope its not true.

I was lucky

1984? Purple Rain tour- Superdome. Jumped the wall when his set started and we worked our way to the FRONT.

Never forget that night.

Sheila E opened for him and played some of his set on drums.

Ahhhh damn. RIP Prince.

It was really the first time I ever paid any attention to Prince and it was a great show. Previously I thought he was Michael Jackson disco, but I was wrong. RIP

Really been listening to his music more and more. Am I crazy since he just passed away!? RIP!

I grew up in the country and was one of the few guys that liked Prince. I have 3 CDs in my truck. Purple Rain, Metallica Sanitarium, and Queensryche Operation Mind Crime. I have friends that laugh atill to this day when they see Prince. Man had talent. RIP.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom