Priorities (1 Viewer)

Colston first mainly because he is getting paid peanuts for performing at the highest level of all three of those. Smith definitely deserves a new contract, but he makes more than Colston does and I just think it's fair to give Colston his due for doing so well for only a little more than a rookie minimum.

That may be true, but he still has more appearances.

To be fair to Grant, his 2004 season (78 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 1 INT) was just as good if not better then Smiths probowl season in 2006.

Grant was totally snubbed that year.

Colston first mainly because he is getting paid peanuts for performing at the highest level of all three of those. Smith definitely deserves a new contract, but he makes more than Colston does and I just think it's fair to give Colston his due for doing so well for only a little more than a rookie minimum.

Based on what? The fact that Colston is playing under a 7th round rookie contract as opposed to Smith's which is a 1st round pick?

Smith got a Pro Bowl nod.. and for those who say it doesn't mean squat, then why hasn't Colston gotten one? Because Smith is more "popular"?

Both Colston and Smith are playing at an equally high level... Evans a little less so.

But replacing a top defensive end is harder than replacing a #1 receiver, when it comes down to it.

If I had to objectively rank those three as far as priority it would have to be

A)Smith
B)Evans
C)Colston

Out of those three Colston is my favorite player, but its alot harder to find above average DE's and OG's then it is a WR.

The good news is I see no reason why we can't sign them all.

Colston
Evans*
Brown
Smith

*If Vilma is healthy he jumps to second easy.

Colston
Evans*
Brown
Smith

*If Vilma is healthy he jumps to second easy.

Brown will need to wait a year.

Use of the word 'if' always gives me pause, how about Vilma has to prove himself, which means he'll also have to wait a year.

And move Smith to the top, he is the most important of these players to our team.

ddd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom