Prisco of CBSSports gives Saints some love on Lewis and put down Falcons for SJ (1 Viewer)

BigSaintsFAN9

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
For those that don't know who Pete Prisco is, well he is a biased Falcons Fan Blog writer for CBS Sports. Com who never has anything nice to say about Saints and is the person who created the Saints peed on Falcons logo story after a supposed misunderstanding when one of the players told him the "Posed on the Logo" ,earning posed for a picture.

Well he actually wrote a pretty good article! (I feel dirty saying that! Yuck")

This time, it's different. Jackson is older. He'll turn 30 in July, which is ancient for a running back.

Jackson ran for 1,042 yards last season for the Rams, and his per-carry average was 4.1. Not bad, especially behind a line that wasn't very good. He has 2,395 carries on that body, which is a lot.

Here's something else that would concern me: He averaged 4.4 yards per rush on carries 1-10 in a game and 3.7 on carries 11-20. That's telling to me.

I just don't see the explosiveness through the hole from Jackson anymore. He is more of a grinder. Yes, he's better than Turner, who labored to get to the line last season when he averaged 3.6 per rush, but how much better?

-- One of the signings I really liked from Thursday was the Saints getting Steelers corner Keenan Lewis. He is a smooth cover player who is coming off his best season. He can play man or zone, and the Saints badly needed an upgrade. His best football is in front of him. In a division with the Falcons, you have to defend the pass.

Free-agent Musings: Falcons taking a risk signing aging Jackson - CBSSports.com

Probably did this because of the convo Holder had with him on twitter today. I didn't bother reading because he can go to...

Sent via Tapatalk

Sounds alot like wishful thinking. There is no measure by which one would not conclude that Jackson is exponentially better than Turner. While I appreciate all that Michael did here, he has been declining for two seasons now. He stays out of shape, and has never been as powerful as someone his size should be. Jackson is a conditioning freak, just like Gonzales. Most important, he has never been a pass catcher, which has hampered the new offense, since no one had to cover him in the pass game at all.

Even beyond all that, we saved a ton of money letting Turner go. Jackson's new contract (only 4 mil guaranteed) is very cap friendly. Turner was set to make over $6 mil this year.

Is Jackson going to lead the league in rushing? Not at all. He isn't likely to get any more touches than Turner got, but he will very likely put up another 1/3 production from the same touches than Turner. I'm fairly certain of that.

Sounds alot like wishful thinking.

From an admitted Falcons fan? lol Don't think so.

Anyway, this is just to give him some cover after the season starts and he's doing his usual Falcons rule Saints drool routine. He can point to this and "prove" how fair he is.

I think both signings were good. The Saints got what will hopefully be a solid defensive contributor for years to come, and the Falcons got a 2013 fix at their gaping running back hole. Neither player broke the bank.

Screw Pricko!

I hate that SJ went to Atlanta, that will make them stronger in the run game. I really like the Lewis signing, I like his size. He's gonna shut down Julio or Roddy. he's big enough to go up and battle, and he likes to knock that ball away. Both good signings. Our signing was better.

Screw Pricko!

I hate that SJ went to Atlanta, that will make them stronger in the run game. I really like the Lewis signing, I like his size. He's gonna shut down Julio or Roddy. he's big enough to go up and battle, and he likes to knock that ball away. Both good signings. Our signing was better.

I agree....

Sounds alot like wishful thinking. There is no measure by which one would not conclude that Jackson is exponentially better than Turner. While I appreciate all that Michael did here, he has been declining for two seasons now. He stays out of shape, and has never been as powerful as someone his size should be. Jackson is a conditioning freak, just like Gonzales. Most important, he has never been a pass catcher, which has hampered the new offense, since no one had to cover him in the pass game at all.

Even beyond all that, we saved a ton of money letting Turner go. Jackson's new contract (only 4 mil guaranteed) is very cap friendly. Turner was set to make over $6 mil this year.

Is Jackson going to lead the league in rushing? Not at all. He isn't likely to get any more touches than Turner got, but he will very likely put up another 1/3 production from the same touches than Turner. I'm fairly certain of that.

You think Jackson is going to average around 4.8 YPC? That's another third more than Turner's 3.6.

What I see when I find a Thanatos post:

Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah Steven Jackson blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah Michael Turner. Blah blah Falcons blah blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blalalalalalalah. Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah Matt Ryan pajamas blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah Steven Jackson blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah stats stats blah. Blah blah.

Blah blah blah blah blah bliggity blah? Blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah bliggity boom blah, blah blah blah blahnother 1/3 blah blah blah bliggity blah Turner. Falcons are awesome. Blah.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom