Prisco Says Payton May Be Trying to Keep GW from Getting Too Much Credit (merged) (1 Viewer)

Like Parcells before him, Payton limits his assistants' access to the media. Pretty much what gets put out to the public gets put out by the HC himself. It's part of the gig and his coaches know this. To be fair, my guess would be that they probably prefer this.

Nothing to see here.

Sean NEVER lets any of his coaches to talk to the media whenever they want. It was the same way with Gibbs.

This is bad how? Unless GW takes offense, I don't care. Last time I checked, press conferences weren't a coaches favorite part of the week. Thursday only pressers could have been one of GWs contract demands for all we know. This is a non-issue.

Many coaches don't make their assistants available at all for the press. Including Bill Parcells who Payton learned under.

This is bad how? Unless GW takes offense, I don't care. Last time I checked, press conferences weren't a coaches favorite part of the week. Thursday only pressers could have been one of GWs contract demands for all we know. This is a non-issue.

I don't think anyone thinks it's real.

It makes no sense. It isn't supported by fact or reason. It's laughable - so no reason to address it with any seriousness.

The media loves putting guys up on a pedestal then throwing rocks at them to try to knock them off. The Saints are running like a well oiled machine on both sides of the ball so the national sportsmedia's job is now try to throw a monkey wrench into the works and then report on the wreckage. It's garbage but it shows the Saints are now fully on the national media's radar.

Man, Prisco needs to be called out on this. It is not reporting, it is tabloid journalism to float something like this out there. What a joke this hack is. I will be letting him know what I think.

Hey....yall wanted media attention, looks like we got it now.

Shame on Payton for stressing team!!

Last edited:
Man, Prisco needs to be called out on this. It is not reporting, it is tabloid journalism to float something like this out there. What a joke this hack is. I will be letting him know what I think.

Yeah, I'd seriously like for him to tell us exactly who is speculating that SP is intentionally limiting GW's exposure to keep him from getting credit. Really Pete? I'd like to know a single name who says that.

It's muckraking garbage.

Funny, Prisco and the rest of the national media only seemed to care about one side of the ball leading up to the game. Suddenly, they realize our defense is good and want to forget all about the offense. Of course Sean Payton wants to remind them that all three phases of game are important, because it's true.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom