Prisco Says Payton May Be Trying to Keep GW from Getting Too Much Credit (merged) (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Williams talks only on Thursdays, at the request of the team, so he wasn't available after the game. He isn't available much at all in fact, and there is some speculation that Payton wants it that way in part because he doesn't Williams getting too much credit.

Payton is one of my favorite play-callers in the league, the best in fact, but even he has to realize that Williams deserves a lot of the credit for this 4-0 start. Yet at the podium after Sunday's game, Payton seemed to deflect the attention away from just the defense and instead kept mentioning all three phases of the game.

He seemed like a receiver whose team won, but who caught only one pass: Happy, but not entirely happy because it wasn't the offense's day.

For the second consecutive week, Brees, who threw nine touchdown passes and for over 600 yards the first two games, was held under 200 yards passing. The Jets did a great job matching up on the Saints receivers, which led to Brees often having to pull down the ball.

"It's a team game and it is not about one side of the ball or the other," Payton said when asked about the defense.

Sorry, Sean. It was Sunday.

Full article at http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12312099

Oh, puh-lease. Saints are 4-0, so let's find something negative to say.

Lame. Trying to create controversy where there is none. Didn't Payton give the game ball to Williams last week?

Pretty big reach considering SP gave GW the game ball last week in Buffalo.

Williams got the game ball last week, and he is not the Head Coach of the Saints so why would he be speaking to reporters like he is? he is the defensive coordinater, when is the last time you saw an coordinater getting face time? unless he's the head coach...they still think of Williams from when he was a head coach which is why this article was written...

Lame. Trying to create controversy where there is none. Didn't Payton give the game ball to Williams last week?

And 1/16th of the 250k he earmarked from his own paycheck for Williams' salary.

Sean Payton knows as well as Drew, MVP/Offensive Genius numbers are cute, but legacies are written in the Super Bowl.

Sean Payton stands to gain a lot more from a Super Bowl win then lose by it coming from his defense.

See: Tony Dungy + Peyton Manning

CBS at it again. Pete, just let this team enjoy its win - we have enough hack journalists with the Florio's and the Jason Coles of the world.

If there isn't dirt.....let's create one!

Prisco is on a fishing expedition.....the Saints finally have a D, and that is the problem in Prisco's eyes!

What a tool!

I guess that's why SP is paying part of GW salary out of his own pocket.

Geesh. I guess the Saints have arrived if they have this kind of junk getting written about them.

Giant :fail: Prisco.

This is bad how? Unless GW takes offense, I don't care. Last time I checked, press conferences weren't a coaches favorite part of the week. Thursday only pressers could have been one of GWs contract demands for all we know. This is a non-issue.

what a horrible reach by Prisco there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom