Pro Bowl- Anyone Care?

Ratings
This is the third installment of my "Should we give a damn?" thread series.

I previously did this for some not-so-important NFL ganes, but now I might as well ask this:

does anyone give a damn about this Pro Bowl? Should I?

One thing I do know is that it falls on the same day as my mom's birthday.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Its football, so I will watch it, but there are no Saints in it...and even when there is, they dont even get enough playing time to get MVP Consideration, I remember when Duece used to go and would get 2-3 carries and never be heard from again...I would just take the nomination and not play in the game (looks good on a NFL players resume)

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
Does anyone ever?
The Pro Bowl is about the honor of being named, pretty much end of story. After players go the first time, a lot of them find little "nagging injuries" and don't bother returning. Me, I'd take any free trip to Oahu, but what do I know, I'm not a millionaire.
Watching the game is even less interesting than pre-season games because there isn't even the chance of seeing an "unknown" play his way onto the team. It's just a scrimmage. I usually watch anyway just because it's the last gasp of football for so many months, but I couldn't care any less about who wins the thing.

SntReb

Tight Lines
VIP Contributor
Ratings
There was a time when it was an honor to be named to the pro bowl, it still can be an honor I guess. It's just that it's become a fan vote thing in a lot of instances (see Dallas).

dav168

Hall-of-Famer
Ratings
I watch it sometimes, but it's patsie rules like the senior bowl. So it doesn't mean much else but a paid vacation for the players!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.