Pro Bowl- Anyone Care? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
This is the third installment of my "Should we give a damn?" thread series.

I previously did this for some not-so-important NFL ganes, but now I might as well ask this:

does anyone give a damn about this Pro Bowl? Should I?

One thing I do know is that it falls on the same day as my mom's birthday.

Its football, so I will watch it, but there are no Saints in it...and even when there is, they dont even get enough playing time to get MVP Consideration, I remember when Duece used to go and would get 2-3 carries and never be heard from again...I would just take the nomination and not play in the game (looks good on a NFL players resume)

Does anyone ever?
The Pro Bowl is about the honor of being named, pretty much end of story. After players go the first time, a lot of them find little "nagging injuries" and don't bother returning. Me, I'd take any free trip to Oahu, but what do I know, I'm not a millionaire.
Watching the game is even less interesting than pre-season games because there isn't even the chance of seeing an "unknown" play his way onto the team. It's just a scrimmage. I usually watch anyway just because it's the last gasp of football for so many months, but I couldn't care any less about who wins the thing.

There was a time when it was an honor to be named to the pro bowl, it still can be an honor I guess. It's just that it's become a fan vote thing in a lot of instances (see Dallas).

I watch it sometimes, but it's patsie rules like the senior bowl. So it doesn't mean much else but a paid vacation for the players!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom