Pro Bowl Rules changed (1 Viewer)

Super Dad

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
According to the official review vidoe I just watched on NFL.com you cant blitz or play press coverage in the ProBowl this weekend. I know they want points scored but this is dumb.

http://www.nfl.com/videos

I understand getting rid of the blitzing aspect for numerous reasons...but the eliminating press coverage is something I don't understand.

I thought it was always like that, just straight vanilla, nobody play hard, and only Cowboys are alowed to play?....maybe I'm wrong, but thats what I thought. :dunno:

I thought it was always like that, just straight vanilla, nobody play hard, and only Cowboys are alowed to play?....maybe I'm wrong, but thats what I thought. :dunno:

Yeah I thought it was always like that. The "no blitzing" in particular, i'm pretty sure you could always only rush 4.

I'm too lazy to look because, as the players would tell you, it's the Pro Bowl and I don't really care, but I wonder if the network that shows the Super Bowl must also show the Pro Bowl now that ABC is out of the NFL Broadcasting Circle.

Otherwise, those folks at FOX just wasted a lot of money.

I don't think you can cut block or even run stunts either.

I don't think so either...I believe for the most part they adhere to the Senior Bowl rules. The press coverage I don't remember being a problem before, but perhaps it has been a rule for ages and I just can't remember.

People have to understand that the offense is at a terrible advantage against the defense in these types of games, and thus the rules. The offense has to learn entirely new schemes, calls, and modified signals in about 2-3 days. The defense does too, but it's a lot easier to say Sam or Will blitz than it is to adjust to blitz schemes with an unfamiliar OL partner next to you. QBs would get killed if everything was allowed.

Is this NBA All Star weekend or next weekend?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom