Pro Football Focus Grades NO at NY: Most of our o-line graded high (1 Viewer)

Peat should get a ZERO for the field goal alone, watched it over and over and his balance is just bad, not sure you can get better at balance

I'm trying to look at it this way. We were never gonna win the SB this year anyway. Let's just try to get better every week this year to prepare for perhaps one final run next season.

You sir, have almost the perfect attitude.

We are preparing for 2 final runs over the next 2 seasons!

Moore had an amazing game given the circumstances.

He'll probably be cut this week.

No, I still like this team but we can't drop passes and we've got to pick up blitzing defensive backs.

You'll have to watch the game, particularly after the refs made two communicative holding calls to make the Giants stop holding (only after 2.5 quarters of play mind you).

I recall at least 2 plays where only the a holding saved Eli from getting sacked.

And it was not a small hold it was a giant bear hug.

Defensively, the Giants were able to limit Cooks, Thomas, and Snead, which meant that we needed Coleman, Fleener to step. They had several drive-ending drops. You have to be able to sustain drives. That's what CSP was saying about 3rd down efficiency. You have to convert.

Last edited:
I recall at least 2 plays where only the a holding saved Eli from getting sacked.

And it was not a small hold it was a giant bear hug.

not to hijack a thread...but a drop back isnt so simple. I was griping about pass rush but watched 3 drives go by with eli taking not one deep drop back. He had so many 3 step drops and fire out to a 5 yard hitch to OBJ or the others.....its not so simple as to say ....we didnt hit eli on 33 drop backs. a 3 step drop isnt going to have a qb hit almost ever... It was a much better game for the passrush overall and I am optimistic for the rest of the team if we can ever get healthy.

I am super pumped that the Oline is playing as well as they are. We all thought they would be putrid.

not to hijack a thread...but a drop back isnt so simple. I was griping about pass rush but watched 3 drives go by with eli taking not one deep drop back. He had so many 3 step drops and fire out to a 5 yard hitch to OBJ or the others.....its not so simple as to say ....we didnt hit eli on 33 drop backs. a 3 step drop isnt going to have a qb hit almost ever... It was a much better game for the passrush overall and I am optimistic for the rest of the team if we can ever get healthy.

I am super pumped that the Oline is playing as well as they are. We all thought they would be putrid.

Then why do we quote PFF for some stuff and not all.

In that case those olineman grades need to be lower because Drew gets the ball out faster.

We can quote them for those olineman grades...but its NOT THAT SIMPLE as far as their other observations.

Moore had an amazing game given the circumstances.

He'll probably be cut this week.

No, I still like this team but we can't drop passes and we've got to pick up blitzing defensive backs.
I hope we keep that guy

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-no-nyg-grades/

I've seen people saying we had a good passrush but when I look at those stats on Eli's drop back's I see where we blitzed 11 times. I see where we didn't blitz 33 times. I then see where he had no pressure on 36 drop backs. Meaning all but 8 of his drop backs he was clean.

Tell me more about this passrush?!?!?

It does seem that teams are playing to beat the blitz with the quick passing and all. Id like to see the pressure stats in situations where it was a longer down and distance and Eli didn't go with the check down or quick pass. If Carr and Eli were quick passing with so much success it doesn't appear that the disguised coverages have been very effective.

We did a great job of stopping the run, the longer 3rd downs should have been there. 3rd downs are supposed to be when the pressure is on, but we can't stop the short passing game. We need to force more incompletions or at least good tackling on those quick passes. What would be epic would be defense of the short game that turns a quick pass into a pick 6 ala Porter.

3 4 NYG 26 Eli Manning pass incomplete short right intended for Victor Cruz (defended by P.J. Williams)
3 8 NOR 47 Eli Manning pass incomplete deep left intended for Odell Beckham. Penalty on Cameron Jordan: Defensive Offside (Declined), Penalty on Sterling Moore
3 2 NOR 3 Eli Manning pass incomplete short left intended for Larry Donnell
3 2 NYG 40 Eli Manning pass complete short right to Victor Cruz for 40 yards (tackle by Ken Crawley and Jairus Byrd). Victor Cruz fumbles (forced by Ken Crawley),
3 10 NYG 25 Eli Manning pass complete short middle to Sterling Shepard for 18 yards (tackle by De'Vante Harris)
3 9 NOR 39 Eli Manning pass complete short middle to Sterling Shepard for 4 yards (tackle by Kenny Vaccaro)
3 2 NYG 48 Eli Manning pass complete deep right to Sterling Shepard for 32 yards (tackle by De'Vante Harris)
3 20 NOR 30 Eli Manning pass incomplete short left intended for Odell Beckham
3 8 NOR 49 Eli Manning pass complete short middle to Sterling Shepard for 32 yards (tackle by Sterling Moore)

3 1 NOR 1 Eli Manning pass incomplete short right intended for Victor Cruz (defended by Cameron Jordan)
3 3 NYG 27 Eli Manning pass incomplete deep left intended for Victor Cruz (defended by Ken Crawley)
3 1 NOR 44 Eli Manning pass complete short middle to Sterling Shepard for 6 yards (tackle by Kenny Vaccaro)
3 8 NOR 36 Eli Manning pass complete deep right to Victor Cruz for 34 yards (tackle by Ken Crawley)

3 2 NYG 25 Rashad Jennings left guard for 2 yards (tackle by James Laurinaitis and Kenny Vaccaro
3 1 NYG 49 Rashad Jennings middle for 2 yards (tackle by Craig Robertson and Kenny Vaccaro)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom