Pro Football Focus simulates the Saints Season (1 Viewer)

I do. I know "DA's not a good head coach", "DA's not an alpha", yada yada yada. But, there's a lot of similarities in Carr's game to Drew's. With the weapons the Saints now have on offense, I don't think a 2012 offense and a top 5 defense is unrealistic.
I agree!

I honestly expect to be top 5 in both categories.

I just think Beathing the Giants, Jags, and Lions, but losing to the Titians, Pats and Texans doesn't seem realistic.

I do. I know "DA's not a good head coach", "DA's not an alpha", yada yada yada. But, there's a lot of similarities in Carr's game to Drew's. With the weapons the Saints now have on offense, I don't think a 2012 offense and a top 5 defense is unrealistic.
I think DA is a fine head coach in a vacuum even with his terrible win/lose percentage.

His laid back style, and really bad interview moments get ostrichized and is a bit overblown indication as the quality of his coaching.

The only glaring flaws would be his ultra conservative tendencies and game day management as a whole leaves a lot to be desired. Also, he's quite stubborn.

Unless you got Andy Reid... Every coach got similar issues like these.

With the Saints propensity for slow starts, I would be happy with 6-4 going into the bye. The way the schedule is setup, we can crush the last seven games.

13-4 would not surprise me. It’s really going to come down to the attitude that the new guys bring. If Michael Thomas is on the field consistently, I see him as the leader of the offense. He has the most competitive drive of any offensive player on the team. Guys will feed off of him and the wide receivers will ball out.

Carr will have his best years here. All QBs benefit from our system. That’s one reason to keep Carmichael. It’s going to be like 2011 when Drew distributed the ball to many different players. I don’t think our offense will be that good, but it’s going to be hard to shut down one or two guys and the offense stalls. Loomis and company had the best offseason since maybe 2006.

Kamara might not ever return to his best form as a receiver because defenses have adjusted and the coaches have not asked him to do more. He’ll get some plays, but it won’t be like before. But Carr will have to recognize when Kamara has a DB you him and either look for a better matchup or take advantage in the run game.

I do see Kendre Miller as having a much bigger impact than expected. We really have very similar running backs and I don’t see the offense changing much depending on who is in. If we have 2-3 score leads in the fourth quarter these guys will eat.

Also, what happened to the party atmosphere locker room celebrations?

If we were going for continuity we should have kept what made the players motivated. Going to need more of that.

They misspelled Drew Brees

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom