Pro Football Talk says Taysom isn't signing his tender sheet (1 Viewer)

I don't think anything is unusual about not signing your tender right away. However, Taysom wants to be a starting quarterback right now. He wants to play, and I get it. He's 30, with a kid and a limited window. If I were him, I would sit back and be patient because the Saints offered him the keys to the kingdom once Brees retires. If he can't wait than his agent will probably push for a sign and trade.

What’s fair?
4 years $19 million. Saints hold all the leverage. There's no need to get into a bidding war with themselves. What is TH7 going to do, hold out? His 1st round tender was pretty fair at $4.6 million. If a team wanted him to be their starter then they would have signed him and given up the 1st round pick. Nobody came knocking. TH7 is a fan favorite for sure but his agent is playing a stupid game.

Same thing I heard about Steve Young in the day. When the 49ers finally didn't have any other choice and they started him well, everybody knows how that went. Taysom is every bit better than SY at this time in his career. He just needs the chance that most don't want him to have.
Wow

IF Taysom does not sign the offer and refuses to play this year, yes in my mind that’s a holdout.

Now I doubt that’s going to happen. I think he will either sign the tender or agree to a longer contract extension.

BUT, if he goes the Leveon Bell route, that’s a holdout or a 1-man-strike.
I am not necessarily going to try to change your mind on that. My point is in defense of those posters who were being called hypocrites for remaining silent here on the Taysom issue after saying something about Alvin's situation. Essentially, there is reasonable enough difference for someone to look at and judge the situations differently and not be called out for it.

4 years $19 million. Saints hold all the leverage. There's no need to get into a bidding war with themselves. What is TH7 going to do, hold out? His 1st round tender was pretty fair at $4.6 million. If a team wanted him to be their starter then they would have signed him and given up the 1st round pick. Nobody came knocking. TH7 is a fan favorite for sure but his agent is playing a stupid game.

For less than $5 million per season, absolutely he'd hold out. Less than $5 million/year is absolute trash for an NFL player, especially in a player who has demonstrated that he could be a difference maker like Hill. Heck...even as a gadget guy, and not a QB, he's worth more than that. There's no way I'd offer him something insulting like that. He'd be much, much better off playing under the tender and testing his luck next year.

The way I see it he has three choices.

1. Not sign the tender and not play or get paid this year then hope he gets a big contract next year.

2. Sign the tender and get a guaranteed $4.6m for the year and hit FA next year.

3. Agree to a 3-4 year deal that his 2020 cap hit remains at no more than the current $4.6m.

I fear the fourth option

4. His agent found a team that interests Taysom and who would sign him but the 1st Round pick was an obstacle. Maybe Taysom is letting them make an offer to the Saints for say a second round and a player. If the saints agree he signs, he is traded, he gets a bigger payday and a shot at #1 somewhere and the saints get some draft capital and or a player. I can see a lot of Saints fans are not sold on TH as a QB1 but there are teams out there where TH is probably an upgrade with a potential to be more.

I just don't want to lose him because we are stringing him along on a false hope.

Ye I know what you mean. 4.7 million well 2 mil or so after taxes and the agents cut could last me a lifetime. I'm 40 almost my land and vehicles are free and clear. But the sports world is a different place. It's about trying to get yours cause NFL owners are practically printing money. I would venture to say that the NFL is the most profitable enterprise in America.

Amazon.

I fear the fourth option

4. His agent found a team that interests Taysom and who would sign him but the 1st Round pick was an obstacle. Maybe Taysom is letting them make an offer to the Saints for say a second round and a player. If the saints agree he signs, he is traded, he gets a bigger payday and a shot at #1 somewhere and the saints get some draft capital and or a player. I can see a lot of Saints fans are not sold on TH as a QB1 but there are teams out there where TH is probably an upgrade with a potential to be more.

I just don't want to lose him because we are stringing him along on a false hope.
None of that relies on him signing the tender to become possible.

I guess we'll find out after the draft if the Taysom talk is hype or not.

It ultimately may boil down to what happens this week in the draft. Saints make a bold move for a QB, Hill’s place with the Saints will potentially be greatly diminished. Things could get dicey with him. We shall see.
So if we draft a qb he will forget how to play te, special teams and Payton wouldn’t use him as a runner in every game? His value will still be immense for us but let the talking media idiots stir y’all up as it doesn’t take much around deez here parts. Can I get a amen? Hallelujah

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom