Pro Football Talk says Taysom isn't signing his tender sheet (1 Viewer)

Piper Aydair

Very Banned
Reaction score
Taysom Hill won’t sign tender soon, but will participate in virtual offseason program
Posted by Mike Florio on April 19, 2020, 7:20 PM EDT

The comments are basically telling Taysom to take a hike. What's going on?

He's going to have to sign unless they are talking an extension, giving him a longer term contract. He really wants a long term deal more than anything, besides being Drew's successor.

Last edited:
It ultimately may boil down to what happens this week in the draft. Saints make a bold move for a QB, Hill’s place with the Saints will potentially be greatly diminished. Things could get dicey with him. We shall see.

He can't go anywhere else or do anything football related until that tender is signed.
Yeah, I think he wants a long term deal, but the Saints have the final say. $4.6 million for what he does right now is a great contract. However, if he truly is the QB of the future, he will want some security and the Saints will have some incentive to lock him up. As someone said, the draft will dictate that.

Yeah, I think he wants a long term deal, but the Saints have the final say. $4.6 million for what he does right now is a great contract. However, if he truly is the QB of the future, he will want some security and the Saints will have some incentive to lock him up. As someone said, the draft will dictate that.
A 2-3 12-15 mil year should be okay. But we can't afford to pay him QB money right now. Like you said, we can put in snap related incentives that put him close to 7 per yer (which is decent backup QB money).

I’d rather let him tough it out than sign him to a long term deal. But I think he’s going to sign because it’s still more money than he’s ever played for.
We need two primary attributes in a QB: chemistry with Michael Thomas and the ability to consistently make multiple reads very quickly. We don’t know enough about Taysom Hill to offer him a long term deal.
I liked him as a play last year enough to advocate for him as the starter but now I’m having doubts. I’d rather take a chance on a younger player.

This value is so tough he’s better off playing out the season at 4.6 which is probably more than his career earnings and signing long term next year. What do you pay a guy that had 150 rushing yards, 230 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns last year. Probably no more than his tender. What do you pay a good backup QB? Probably no more than his tender. What do you pay a top special teams player? A lot less than his tender.

I'm just curious as to what the plan is for him this upcoming year besides what we've been doing with him. Does he get 10-15 snaps a game at QB? That's the only way to evaluate him to pay and justify a higher yearly amount on his contract.

and the take a hike crowd is just the take a hike crowd. Unfortunately we can't eat them and they will always be there. There is evidence that even cave men had to chew some peoples food for them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom