Pro Football Weekly Rates CBs (1 Viewer)

BWS

Reaction score
The Pro Football Weekly Draft Preview rates players up to a 9.0 scale (once in a lifetime players). The highest ratings for the 2008 draft class are 7.0 (Matt Ryan, Jake Long, and Glenn Dorsey). First round ratings are 5.95 and above; second round ratings are 5.60 - 5.94; and third round ratings are 5.45 - 5.59.

CBs are as follows:

First Round:
1. Leodis McKelvin, 6.30 (#11 Player Overall)
2. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, 6.20 (#18 Player Overall)
3. Mike Jenkins, 6.10 (#25 Player Overall)
4. Aquib Talib, 6.05 (#27 Player Overall)

Second Round:
5. Patrick Lee, 5.90 (#35 Player Overall)
6. Reggie Smith, 5.85 (#38 Player Overall)
7. Tyvon Branch, 5.70 (#52 Player Overall)
8. Brandon Flowers, 5.60 (#59 Player Overall)

Third Round:
9. Charles Godfrey, 5.55 (#77 Player Overall)
10. Justin King, 5.55 (#78 Player Overall)
11. Tracy Porter, 5.50 (#81 Player Overall)
12. Antoine Cason, 5.50 (#83 Player Overall)
13. Terrell Thomas, 5.45 (#92 Player Overall)

Based on these ratings, assuming the Saints don't draft Dorsey or Ellis in the first round, Leodis McKelvin is the only CB that they should consider at pick 10. Otherwise, they should trade down in the first round to pick a CB or wait until the second or third round for a CB.

Trade Up

I hope we go DT and LBer in the first and second.

I hope that we trade up in the first round and pick Dorsey or Ellis; assuming that costs the third round pick, the Saints either trade down in the 2nd round to pick up another 3rd round pick or go best available player in a need area in the 2nd round (CB, OLB, FS, TE).

there are alot of options after the top 4 corners (McKelvin,DRC,Talib,Jenkins) its about fit,and I'm sure one of those 2nd or 3rd rounders will good pickups if we don't go corner in the 1st....we could go Rivers in the 1st.

Antoine Cason is strikingly similar to Daymeion Hughes last year (3rd rounder to Colts after early projections had him in the 1st round). Highly productive in college, lacks great timed speed, probably best suited to cover 2

I think it is a marginal difference between the two

Antoine Cason is strikingly similar to Daymeion Hughes last year (3rd rounder to Colts after early projections had him in the 1st round). Highly productive in college, lacks great timed speed, probably best suited to cover 2

Cason ran a high 4.4, Hughes couldn't even break 4.6, also Cason was honored as THE BEST CB in this years class. I had wrote a piece on this a couple of weeks ago. It is one thing if he was like Derrick Strait who won it a couple of years ago on OU. OU had ample talent around him vs. Cason was the BEST PLAYER on a average team at best. I think that is something that should be recognized.

I don't know what people are seeing but it seems like everyone is seeing the same thing and no one thinks the kid will be a big time player in the NFL for some reason. I just don't know why.

I like Brandon Flowers. Porter and Thomas too but after the 2nd round. They have this thing all messed up after the first, and Flowers should be up in the high 2nd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom