Pro Football Weekly: "Saints explore options to land Ellis" (1 Viewer)

Billy Kuharich, who formerly called the shots with Mike Ditka in New Orleans and helped make one of the biggest blockbuster moves in NFL history when he traded the Saints' draft for the right to select RB Ricky Williams

why did he bring that up? :covri:

I'd love to get either dorsey or ellis... I just hope we don't give up too much because we have other needs than DT that need to be addressed.

"Typically, there are few teams looking to move up in the top 10, but the way we hear it, the Saints ... are expressing interest in moving up."

NFL Draft - NFL draft preview and analysis from Pro Football Weekly

Not much content or backup by the writer, though.

Good find 5800Airline...I love that the Saints are on the phone with these teams above them. They should get a good feel for how much Dorsey & Ellis are going to cost, and I'm hoping that then Saints can cause these teams to battle each other and make a deal that benefits New Orleans the most.

:9:

WOW. Just a little while longer and we will make a trade with every team out there. There is little doubt they they have talked to some one about moving in this draft but it will be any bodies guess where and for who.
:roadrunner: Keep up

"The 49ers need a quarterback, and they don't know it yet. I think J.T. O'Sullivan will wind up being their starter by October."

BEAST!

WOW. Just a little while longer and we will make a trade with every team out there. There is little doubt they they have talked to some one about moving in this draft but it will be any bodies guess where and for who.
:roadrunner: Keep up

Agreed, and I bet we have talked to teams about moving down. It's all about keeping flexible this time of year to maximise value

I just hope that if we aren't able to trade up, we never learn that a team above us wanted Devery and a 5th rounder, and we said no.

What I found more interesting was the comment made on DRC at the bottom of the article.

"(Tennessee State CB) Dominic Rodgers-Cromartie is too tall, does not tackle and only has one kidney, and I’m supposed to be excited? He’s got 'bust' written all over him. Take away his last name and do you think everyone would be as excited?"

Ouch....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom