Pro Golfer charged with killing bird! (1 Viewer)

"Prosecutors say a red-shouldered hawk was making noise, forcing a video crew to film another take. The hawk moved closer, and the golfer hit several balls at it."

sounds like he did it on purpose :shrug:

Just. If it happened during a normal round of play I would call it ridiculous, but he gets to pay for his ignorance.

If it was a dog, everyone would want to hang him.. or worse.

Just. If it happened during a normal round of play I would call it ridiculous, but he gets to pay for his ignorance.

If it was a dog, everyone would want to hang him.. or worse.

:plus-un2: I have no tolerance for animal cruelty.

This is one of the comments on the link

Hey Bryann8882 if people need healthcare tell them to go out and get a friggin job like most of us. And if they don't have the skills for a decent job get 2 don't BLEEP about it like those lowlifes did when katrina hit.

Awful.

This is one of the comments on the link

Awful.

The funny thing is whoever that is wouldn't have the guts to say that in a crowded room. I also wasnt aware that a job automatically means you get healthcare. Idiot.

Yes, I think this one is easy:
Accident as a result of playing golf- unfortunate, but not a crime.
Intentional? whether he was playing golf has nothing to do with it. it is the intentional killing of a protected species.

he hit the bird on purpose,
Its on tape

Slam dunk case.

If it was an accident there could be a discussion, however this was no accident, he may not have intented to kill the bird, but his aiming at it resulted in the birds death

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bzZh92YtaBs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bzZh92YtaBs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Now this was an accident...and incredibly unlucky for the bird (less so for Randy Johnson too -- if it was a strike).

FWIW, according to USAtoday from 3/25/2001:

In 1983, Yankees outfielder Dave Winfield killed a seagull in Toronto with a warmup throw. Police charged him with animal cruelty, although the charge was later dropped.

I just wonder how it was they they brought him up on charges. Did someone tell or call the police or something. Stop snitching!

No one could scare the bird away?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom