Probably an Unpopular Opinion, But I think It Should Be Said (2 Viewers)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
What's done is done, and we have to deal with it, but let's think about this for a minute.

Did we really have to give up that much for Chris Olave? Looking at it now, we could have stayed put and taken Christian Watson instead. Probably would have gotten the same type of production and possibly better IMO. Just an observation.

They are different styles of WR and Watson was raw with questionable hands and route running. We needed an Olave type WR who was far superior at his craft. I do think he needs to put on about 10lbs to be more durable and maybe more confident in his ability to take hits.

Now, just find a Watson type WR in the 2023 draft.

It was a mistake simply because you picked people who you thought were going to be your starting QB

They are different styles of WR and Watson was raw with questionable hands and route running. We needed an Olave type WR who was far superior at his craft. I do think he needs to put on about 10lbs to be more durable and maybe more confident in his ability to take hits.

Now, just find a Watson type WR in the 2023 draft.
Honestly I don't want him to put on any weight because it might affect his speed. Look at Turner and Davenport putting on weight this offseason. That affected their performance.

Seems like we got the best WR in the draft and it's really not close. And he is only gonna get better.

And he's a young 22 years old. When we drafted Thomas. He was already a 23 year old turning 24.

Honestly I don't want him to put on any weight because it might affect his speed. Look at Turner and Davenport putting on weight this offseason. That affected their performance.
Different positions

We’ve made a lot of poor choices in the 1st round I admit but as much as I hate OSU, Olave WAS NOT a mistake. Peat, Davenport, and Turner on the other hand yes! Olave has been the best rookie WR in the league even with horrible QB play. With MT out he has been our #1 and done very well. He had a rookie mistake drop that hit him in the face mask, but still is our most consistent WR.

easy to say this after 10-12 games, at the time it seemed right, you had what you thought was your QB in winston, you had landry and thomas, if injuries didnt happen they would have been stacked. so yea at the time it was a good call, easy to say it after 4 months

10lbs won't be much on his 6'1" frame. The big difference is that it would put him into the 2.72 RBS range which is the average for a top 25 WR for the last decade or so. There are very few top WRs who are less than 2.60 and he's at 2.58.

Justin Jefferson 2.67 - Might be easiest size to get to since JJ s 6'1" as well, but he's 195lbs whereas Olave is 188/190 depending on what site.
Stefon Diggs is 2.69
Tyreek Hill 2.64
Torry Holt 2.78
Marvin Harrison 2.57

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom