Profootballfocus.com re-focus: Saints/Cowboys (1 Viewer)

Not sure what websites statistics it was, but someone had posted it a few weeks back that Shanle was the WORST LB in the entire league against the pass according to their formula.

Shades of JD and a hole?

Shanle doesn't have it like he did last year and Dunbar should get a chance to play more. Maybe SP is just working him in as much as possible now to have him ready when he's really going to take over the spot.

The only problem I have with Dunbar is that he would play himself out of position. I have been trying to watch him when I notice him on the field and he seems to have gotten better at shedding blocks and being in better position which is a really nice sign.

Shanle better against the pass then Dunbar IMO and that is why he get more snaps there. I am definately tired of seeing people constantly run around the outside on third and 4 with Schanle so hopefully that is the role they will slowly give Dunbar

wouldnt be so sure of that either.. one of the biggest reasons we've given just about every TE in the league career games is Scott Shanle (the other of course is Harper but atleast he makes up for it in other facets of the game).. Not saying Dunbar would fair any better but if i had to put my money on either i'd take my chances with J. Dunbar

Please stop with the Shanle bashing. He is better than Dunbar plain and simple. GW has no problems starting or benching anyone we all know that from his past. For all the decent plays Dunbar makes there is one where he attacks the wrong gap and springs a decent to long gain run, thats why Shanle is better than him. Shanle rarely hits the wrong gaps or gets confused in coverage. And Dunbar is not that much more athletic than Shanle in fact I think his aggressiveness only makes him appear more athletic when he really isn't.

Every week, PFF says something about how amazing it is that Shanle is starting. Maybe we should ask GW?

Geez, who is the the TE for the Bengals? Watch him have a career game even tho they will lose.
Our inability to guard any tight end is far more troubling than the Shanle/Dunbar situation. If we don't get this fixed, it will be a major problem, especially against a division leading rival with a hall of fame TE.

Geez, who is the the TE for the Bengals? Watch him have a career game even tho they will lose.

Jermaine Gresham... the best TE in last year's draft class. Would have been a much higher pick if he wouldn't have missed his final collegiate season due to injury. He's dangerous.

Does anyone even remember that before this past game, Dunbar was a healthy inactive for two straight weeks. Obviously the coaches aren't impressed with what dunbar has done.

Does anyone even remember that before this past game, Dunbar was a healthy inactive for two straight weeks. Obviously the coaches aren't impressed with what dunbar has done.

yet he's the first LB they put on the field when they needed a backer in Dallas.. i'd say they're pretty good with what Dunbar has to offer

Please stop with the Shanle bashing. He is better than Dunbar plain and simple. GW has no problems starting or benching anyone we all know that from his past. For all the decent plays Dunbar makes there is one where he attacks the wrong gap and springs a decent to long gain run, thats why Shanle is better than him. Shanle rarely hits the wrong gaps or gets confused in coverage. And Dunbar is not that much more athletic than Shanle in fact I think his aggressiveness only makes him appear more athletic when he really isn't.

Examples please. I cant remember GW benching any starting player mid-season due to poor play since he's been here.

Examples please. I cant remember GW benching any starting player mid-season due to poor play since he's been here.

I was speaking more along the lines of previous years before here. In Buffalo ddn't he bench a 1st round high profile DE for Schobel. I know in Wash Lavarr was benched often.

I was speaking more along the lines of previous years before here. In Buffalo ddn't he bench a 1st round high profile DE for Schobel. I know in Wash Lavarr was benched often.

That sounds more like underachieving, hard to Coach players with ego issues. Shanle always plays balls out, he just doesn't have much talent. Go back to threads about Shanle pre-2010 season and you'll see me defending Shanle left and right, but this year he's simply been below average.

I think you could classify Shanle as an over-achiever. I can't really see him starting next year though, unless we absolutely refuse to address the position.

Dez Bryant (-3.7) turned in the worst game of his pro career as he was held without a catch (including a drop) on 5 passes targeted to him. Jon Kitna played his part but Bryant was poor on his Thanksgiving debut

Loved this one!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom