Prognosis on Sheldon Rankins (1 Viewer)

Man I hope so.. I was reading an article on Fairley and it said Rankins broke his fibula and my heart stopped.

I would love to see Rankins back in 6 weeks, but I would rather the Saints place him on IR to give him time.

I understand that we have a new toy and everybody (including myself) would like to see what he can do. However, we don't need to rush him back. I think that Fairley will hold it down to give Rankins enough time without pressure to be ready by week 6, and knock some rust off to be fully recovered by week 8. Just my thoughts, but let's see how it goes....

I would love to see Rankins back in 6 weeks, but I would rather the Saints place him on IR to give him time.

I understand that we have a new toy and everybody (including myself) would like to see what he can do. However, we don't need to rush him back. I think that Fairley will hold it down to give Rankins enough time without pressure to be ready by week 6, and knock some rust off to be fully recovered by week 8. Just my thoughts, but let's see how it goes....

It's not a season ending injury if anything we get him back and he rotates with Fairley like the original plan was only now it will be to ease him back into the rotation and defense.

It's not a season ending injury if anything we get him back and he rotates with Fairley like the original plan was only now it will be to ease him back into the rotation and defense.

Didn't say it was. I said I want him back in 8 weeks vice 6 in my post.

Didn't say it was. I said I want him back in 8 weeks vice 6 in my post.

He had surgery on 16 AUG, and they initially thought 6 weeks would be enough, and the game on 6 OCT would be over 7 1/2 weeks. Since his recovery has been going so well, 7 1/2 weeks seems like a safe time for him to return. He should be able to practice over the bye week, since that is over 6 weeks after his surgery.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom