Promising changes... where do we stand with Pete Carmichael? (1 Viewer)

I understand multiple plays were called and Brees chose the correct one but that's the point, he chose the correct one. We weren't doing that last year, hardly any plays were being killed. We used to hear that multiple times a game, now we're lucky to have heard it a dozen times for the whole year.
What would typically happen in the huddle is DB would call ,Bunch Right Tare Slash 37 Weak F Kill Q8 Solid Z Speed Smash,. The Bunch Right Tare Slash 37 Weak F. would be the play. the check down would be Q8 Solid Z Speed Smash.He would have the option depending on the D formation and movement. PC did not have the confidence or JW and AD were not good enough to make the right call. Kinda the reason we went out and got DC

Where is the answer to "what is failing?"

The fact that you have nothing but strawmen and ad hominem speak less about me...you get it.

The offer is still there to answer "what is failing?"

Getting a big contract is all about perceived value. This can clearly be seen with Ceedy's situation. As it relates to QBs, there is always nuance to that discussion, if you ever want to go there.

Here is the thing, you are saying that Jameis failed in 2019. The kicker; the Bucs had the #3 offense in yards AND points. If that is a QB failing, I want that every season.

If you are going to say that I said something, please make sure you are correct about my point. :)

My position has always been the same. Coaching, scheming, and personnel matters more than folks give it credit for. Geno, Tua, Goff, and Trevor Lawrence should have showed you all that this past season but I guess folks missed that.
So you’re saying perceived value is a trash stat, Ok, let’s say you’re choosing between two girls to blind date. All of your friends, neighbors, family say Girl A is “super Hot” And girl B they say “ehh, she alrite, I guess”. Which girl will you chose?

by the way, I just wanted to say that, i didnt even read what you’re arguing about :)

So you’re saying perceived value is a trash stat, Ok, let’s say you’re choosing between two girls to blind date. All of your friends, neighbors, family say Girl A is “super Hot” And girl B they say “ehh, she alrite, I guess”. Which girl will you chose?

by the way, I just wanted to say that, i didnt even read what you’re arguing about :)
*dead*
larry-david-curb-your-enthusiasm.gif

I can tell you what I said. I said that I hate the term "bust" and most QBs that are called "bust" are usually drafted to trashbag organizations that don't know how to develop players (hence being drafted so high) but want that same player to be the savior of the organization or for some, the case of the player not being the coach's "guy." Do the player still have to put in the work? Of course but a player can have all of the skill in the world but if they are in a place that doesn't develop that skill while putting that player in a position to succeed, then that skill is wasted. Geno Smith threw more TDs this past season than his 2 full

Do I believe that Carr will have a great year? More than likely because as Stalwart said, we will invest into his success because they have "their guy." What he doesn't realize is that this is a major sign of bad coaching as you have essentially shown that you set previous QBs up for failure. Franchises create "franchise QBs" and I believe that the Panthers will be the latest example of that.

Yes there is. They are held by Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan.
-I saw this all the time but it bears repeating; Patrick Mahomes is near the bottom of the league for intended air yards, completed air yards, and tight window throws but the Chiefs are among the league leaders in 20+ yard plays. That man throws to his first or second read on a pass that 7 yards or less, and that receiver is WIDE OPEN in space. Andy Reid is a mad genius.
-We just saw what Shanahan did with Purdy.

Geno didn't become mediocre by seasons end, he just went against the best defenses in the league and those weren't even blow outs.
This was Tua's best season by far and staying healthy would have easily had him in the MVP conversation (look up his relationship with McDaniels)
Goff was then sent to the Lions after he didn't "live up to expectations." If you saw his interview from the Pivot, it was eye opening
Trevor Lawrence was the WORST starting QB in the league last season. Toxic environment, bad coaching, the whole 9. A great coach (that we could have had) turned that team and culture around and he led them to the playoffs. That's the start of a turnaround.
Ok if Reid has the holy grail why did he not even make it to the AFC championship game with Alex Smith? Mahomes makes his best plays by avoiding the rush in amazing ways As far as Shanahan It sure didn't hurt to have the best D in the league AND a loaded offense. Makes it very easy for a game manager QB to win. Just to show it's not so much coaching as talent @ QB. Belichick is on of the best ever and Mac Jones has been pedestrian at best and they are looking to move on from him.
Never have I said that coaching does not matter , you've just said that it's almost the ONLY thing that matters

Ok if Reid has the holy grail why did he not even make it to the AFC championship game with Alex Smith? Mahomes makes his best plays by avoiding the rush in amazing ways As far as Shanahan It sure didn't hurt to have the best D in the league AND a loaded offense. Makes it very easy for a game manager QB to win. Just to show it's not so much coaching as talent @ QB. Belichick is on of the best ever and Mac Jones has been pedestrian at best and they are looking to move on from him.
Never have I said that coaching does not matter , you've just said that it's almost the ONLY thing that matters
Mahomes makes his highlight plays avoiding the rush. The vast majority of his plays are what I described.
And I can tell you why they didn't make the AFC Championship game.
-Andy Reid's clock management
-Sutton's Bend but still break defense
-Alex Smith

In that order...lol.

And the jury is still out on Mac Jones...he went from Josh McDaniels to Joe Judge/Matt Patricia. Let's see how he works with Bill O'Brien.

And I can tell you why they didn't make the AFC Championship game.
-Andy Reid's clock management
-Sutton's Bend but still break defense
-Alex Smith
This poster keeps saying that poor QB play is mostly the result of bad coaching than it's the result of a bad QB.

Then this poster turns around and says that one of the reasons Reid didn't make the Championship game is because of the QB he had.

This same poster complains that other people "move the goal posts" and "use double standards when talking about QB's."

Aww snap...that SR.com Jameis Winston google alert kicked off.
This poster ignores the posts I make that have nothing to do with Winston.

This poster somehow knows every time I post anything in any thread that mentions Winston, but I'm the one with google alerts kicking off?

This poster only makes comments like these when he doesn't like what someone has said, but he can't refute what they said.

This poster keeps saying that poor QB play is mostly the result of bad coaching than it's the result of a bad QB.

Then this poster turns around and says that one of the reasons Reid didn't make the Championship game is because of the QB he had.

This same poster complains that other people "move the goal posts" and "use double standards when talking about QB's."
Alex Smith laid one dud in the playoff with Reid but he was the last reason for them not making it to an AFC Championship. If you actually read my post instead of scanning to give a superficial reply, you would have seen that. I guess “In that order” was a random statement. None of that negates the fact that 2017 was a top 5 QB.

Yeah but he's fun to watch

Alex Smith laid one dud in the playoff with Reid but he was the last reason for them not making it to an AFC Championship. If you actually read my post instead of scanning to give a superficial reply, you would have seen that. I guess “In that order” was a random statement. None of that negates the fact that 2017 was a top 5 QB.
LOL Smith had ONE yr at KC with a QBR over 100. , Just barely threw for 4000yds ONE yr . in 2017 he just barely cracked the top 10 stat wise . Got a handful of straw you were grasping at?

LOL Smith had ONE yr at KC with a QBR over 100. , Just barely threw for 4000yds ONE yr . in 2017 he just barely cracked the top 10 stat wise . Got a handful of straw you were grasping at?
I stand corrected. He was top 10 in every QB statistic and metric available at the time with the Chiefs being a Top 5 offense. And you are talking about barely cracking 4k yards when he averaged 1 less yard per game than Drew that season (he sat out the last game):shrug:

Now let me know what that has to do with his playoff performances, as we were talking about why the Chiefs didn’t make it to an AFC championship game. Sounds like I might not be the one grasping.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom