Promising changes... where do we stand with Pete Carmichael? (3 Viewers)

I think he was referring to cutting JW's balls off But JW with his balls in Tampa just put up strawman numbers. I think it was JW's balls that seemed to get hi in trouble most of the time
What????

I heard it was because he didn't a lot of confidence in the QBs running the offense last season.

It's funny how threads evolve. Last I checked this thread it was a pretty straight forward Pete bashing session. Haven't had one of those in awhile so we were due. I check it again this afternoon and it's a raging debate about magical offensive potions, strawmen, Andy Reid, Alex Smith, and Winston's balls.

God I love this place.

Someone doesn't know what strawman means...not you
I was assuming that he was trying to say that they were empty stats but that's crazy when the 2019 Bucs scored the same amount of points as *checks notes* the 2019 Saints.

Then it looks even crazier when you look at the chart that was just shown on a State of the Saints podcast today.

metrics.PNG

This is a jameis1of1 chart, so I don't know, but if these metrics are true...lol

It's funny how threads evolve. Last I checked this thread it was a pretty straight forward Pete bashing session. Haven't had one of those in awhile so we were due. I check it again this afternoon and it's a raging debate about magical offensive potions, strawmen, Andy Reid, Alex Smith, and Winston's balls.

God I love this place.
Oh, it is still about bashing Pete "Did I even want to do this in the first place?" Carmichael...lol

Last edited:
I don't get why everyone seems to be cool with the narrative that things are going to open up more because they now have the QB they wanted.

That sounds to me like they intentionally fielded an inept offense because they didn't want the QB they had to play with. So now we just have to believe them when they say that "things will get better cuz Franchise QB"

I don't get why everyone seems to be cool with the narrative that things are going to open up more because they now have the QB they wanted.

That sounds to me like they intentionally fielded an inept offense because they didn't want the QB they had to play with. So now we just have to believe them when they say that "things will get better cuz Franchise QB"
Yep..been calling that for months now and folks are finally saying it out loud. People are basically saying that Pete Carmichael did the same thing that Josh McDaniels did to Derek Carr but somehow it was OK for PC to do it but horrible for JMD to do it.

Yep..been calling that for months now and folks are finally saying it out loud. People are basically saying that Pete Carmichael did the same thing that Josh McDaniels did to Derek Carr but somehow it was OK for PC to do it but horrible for JMD to do it.
Who said it was okay for PC to do it? All I hear is people bashing PC for doing it.

I think he was referring to cutting JW's balls off But JW with his balls in Tampa just put up strawman numbers. I think it was JW's balls that seemed to get hi in trouble most of the time
Seriously? You're crossing a line.

This love/hate Winston & love/hate Dalton subject is polluting too many threads. Take your feud to PMs and that goes for the other usual participants. Or at least isolate it to one thread already about that subject. EVERYONE knows where the two clans stand.

Who said it was okay for PC to do it? All I hear is people bashing PC for doing it.
Some are saying that we shouldn't have invested any time in building the offense around him because he wasn't a long term play. :shrug:
Or "we got a QB that we can open up the playbook for."
Or "Pete didn't trust Jameis or Andy"

Those comments are out there. I'm also against the "fit the offense" stuff as well but I think you know that too..lol

Truth is, PC will more than likely build the offense around Carr, which is fine, as he is QB1.

Seriously? You're crossing a line.

This love/hate Winston & love/hate Dalton subject is polluting too many threads. Take your feud to PMs and that goes for the other usual participants. Or at least isolate it to one thread already about that subject. EVERYONE knows where the two clans stand.
You're wrong , I was not the 1st to mention cutting a QB's balls off . You might want to check Bayousaintjoe's post first And I was encouraged with JW while SP was here. I thought he was settling down and becoming a better QB , but SP left and he just was not the same. I actually wanted JW to succeed and when we were out of it i wanted to give him another shot to see what he had

Ok let me see if I can explain this , You responded to a post by Bayousaintjoe saying
BayouSAINTJoe said:
Nope...because he took a QB that can put up numbers and cut his balls off with ineffective play calling.
From your post it looked like you thought it was Dalton he was talking about , But I think JW was the QB he was referencing to

Ok let me see if I can explain this , You responded to a post by Bayousaintjoe saying
BayouSAINTJoe said:
Nope...because he took a QB that can put up numbers and cut his balls off with ineffective play calling.
From your post it looked like you thought it was Dalton he was talking about , But I think JW was the QB he was referencing to
It was both QBs I was referring to...the offense stunk last season, it can be argued that it stunk more in the last 14 games than it did in the first 3.

The common denominator is Pete C. You said it yourself JW was progressing under SP then allegedly regressed under PC...so if that happened why blame JW when the thing that changed was PC taking over?

You guys are defending PC saying that this year it'll be better from him because he has a better QB. So that kinda implies that JW and AD didn't get their best version of PC to work with because PC didn't believe in JW or AD.

It was both QBs I was referring to...the offense stunk last season, it can be argued that it stunk more in the last 14 games than it did in the first 3.

The common denominator is Pete C. You said it yourself JW was progressing under SP then allegedly regressed under PC...so if that happened why blame JW when the thing that changed was PC taking over?

You guys are defending PC saying that this year it'll be better from him because he has a better QB. So that kinda implies that JW and AD didn't get their best version of PC to work with because PC didn't believe in JW or AD.
I think you're bypassing DA's influence. JW regressed under DA. It was not just SP that had a hand in settling JW down , PC had a hand in it as well. DA had no confidence in either QB and less in JW , hence the very conservative offense. I look for that to change this season especially if we stay healthy

Not at all McDaniels offense is predicated on not making pre-snap reads and switching the play taking it out of the QB's hands. PC gave some of that responsibility first to JW and then to AD but neither were good at it ( See that 3rd and 1 throw to Callaway by AD) PC's and SP's offense needs that QB that can be effective with that responsibility

I think you're bypassing DA's influence. JW regressed under DA. It was not just SP that had a hand in settling JW down , PC had a hand in it as well. DA had no confidence in either QB and less in JW , hence the very conservative offense. I look for that to change this season especially if we stay healthy
Jameis averaged 38 attempts and 286 yards per game last year with Pete calling plays.
Jameis averaged 22 attempts and 186 yards per complete game in 2021 with Sean P calling plays.

The conservative offense started (and got tighter) when the Saints couldn't stop giving the ball away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom