Proof that Coaching and personnel selection is a problem for the Saints (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Tell me how can the Patriots trot out a rookie QB on a short week and destroy a pretty decent Texans team yet when the Saints have adversity with injuries it just buries us because we have no depth. Belichick is a great coach but he isn't doing everything by himself. Sean Payton really needs to stop being so darn stubborn and loyal and look at some of the guys on his coaching staff and really evaluate them. Because in my opinion Bill Johnson is stealing money and so is Greg McMahon. I'd put Vitt on the fence too but at least he has Craig Robertson out there balling.

It's really not complicated, they botched a bunch of FA deals and have massive amounts of dead money so when they lost 6 defensive starters the "next guy up" were UDFA and min contracts. You can point all of the fingers you want, it's not pretty but it's not hard to figure out.

Free Agency in the NFL are all Mercenary. If they have something to prove like the DT From Auburn great sign him for one year on a prove it contract. But Byrd was a bad call in so many ways. start the young guy from ohio state.

It's really not complicated, they botched a bunch of FA deals and have massive amounts of dead money so when they lost 6 defensive starters the "next guy up" were UDFA and min contracts. You can point all of the fingers you want, it's not pretty but it's not hard to figure out.

you got it!

Our depth was playing. It's as simple as that and we can't afford quality depth we went all in on Free Agency since 2010 in hopes that Drew could help us win more SB's by mortgaging the future, which was OKAY, but we whiffed on that FA talent and signed the wrong people to long term contracts.

It was the absolutely worst time to have serious injury woes. And even then...I don't know if even the Patriots could lose this many players and field more than a serviceable defense.

As for their QBs, their defense is usually good enough that they don't need to take great risks.

The Patriots are in position to trade draft picks by stockpiling them, we on the other hand trade them like baseball cards. We back-load contracts which eventually come back and destroy us like you see, and we are stuck with dead money. Cant sign good players so this is the result. And it will only get worse because we continue to do it to keep Brees. This teams' SB chances were gone in 2011. We can no longer compete. We are officially the Browns of the NFC.

Poetry. Plain and simple. You reap what you sow.

The Patriots are in position to trade draft picks by stockpiling them, we on the other hand trade them like baseball cards. We back-load contracts which eventually come back and destroy us like you see, and we are stuck with dead money. Cant sign good players so this is the result. And it will only get worse because we continue to do it to keep Brees. This teams' SB chances were gone in 2011. We can no longer compete. We are officially the Browns of the NFC.

I think the motives were sound. Strike while you a have a hall of fame QB. It makes sense. Just not the actual signings. We signed too many guys that were a product of an environment and not good individual football players that can lead or take over a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom