Proposed Superdome Upgrades (1 Viewer)

If SMG can work some Miracles and bring the Dome into what the league considers NFL 21st Century standards then i'd say keep the Superdome around and allow the Saints to play it in for another 30 years or so, but i can't see even with the few upgrades of new seats, a better looking screen, Suite upgrades, concession upgrades and some Digital Ribbons around the place that the Superdome can keep up with what other cities are building such as Arizona, Dallas and Indy, Sure the Saints can play in it for decades to come but The NFL will never allow a Superbowl in the Superdome if they don't REALLY dramatic upgrades, the Superdome is a National Monument so i think we should keep it around it was a testament to what we could do in America and there's still nothing like it in the nation.
League wise we are slacking behind and i think when we finally get a Saints/State long term agreement out and a bid for the Superbowl the League will be hard pressed to pick New Orleans to host the next one when Indianapolis also bidding with it's Spanking new stadium you also have Dallas, and other cities ready to show off their new diggs, i think the next bid is 2012 so it will take a lot of work from the city begging, and Benson doing some damn good convincing that the Dome will still be attractive and purrty and have all those Bells and whistles with the Charm of the city and the location of dome being wrapped around all the Happenings, it'll also definately be very hard to get a bid in beyond 2020, Atlanta is doing virtually the same upgrades as the Superdome and the League has turned their noses up at ATL's bid's for Superbowls not saying the Ga Dome is anything like The Superdome just saying they are doing the samething we are and trying to impress the league and it's not helping their cause...

Also there's articles on NOLA.com about the Windows in the Superdome, it will be part of the 3rd phase which also include Elevators.

You speak with such authority about something that you obviously have no real conception of. The stadium is not the attraction that the NFL bases its Superbowl selection upon. The city is and the city of New Orleans is the perfect place for Superbowls and is why we've hosted more than anyone except Miami. The only reason we haven't had more is because of the long term deal and not the dome.

The Superdome's proximity to all downtown attactions and hotels is another great thing on our side and to replace the dome anywhere except as close to downtown as the dome is now would be stupid. But you cannot produce one quote or statement from the NFL that cites the dome's age or functional age as reason for the Superbowl not being awarded to NO. Certainly, other cities make a push to show off their new stadiums and the NFL is trying to spread around the bonanza to help incentivize the building of these new billion dollar stadiums. But, and I repeat, the dome is not the problem. It is the deal w/Benson and when that is resolved, the dome will return prominently to the rotation.

Upgrades to the boxes and the increased number and continuing renovations will not hurt and a new stadium wouldn't either, but I will REPEAT AGAIN........................

The Dome is not the reason for the Superbowl not being in NO. It is ONLY the long term deal.

Just widen the concourses and I will be happy.

Just widen the concourses and I will be happy.

:plus-un2::plus-un2::plus-un2:

after goin to reliant for the houston game i realized how obselete and outdated the dome really is, they need to build a new stadium in NO east

silly of me to think that, i think a new stadium on the riverfront would be just rite, who needs wide open spaces and traffic free exits

i think the dome is in a GREAT place simply b/c people can pour out of there right into the French Quarter...are there really any other venues in the nation where they have anything close to the equivalent of that??

I went to my first Saints game this year and I thought the Dome was great. What I don't get though is.....if they expanded the seating for the Sugar Bowl....why not for Saints games? Can you imagine how much louder that place can be?!? Maybe some sort of fancy scoreboard in the middle....and definitely....more lighting. If anything REALLY needs work in the Dome?.......its the chairs....they could be a little bigger. (Oh and bring that insane car horn from the 1979 clip!!) As for location....I thought it was awesome!...Parties all up and down the main ave. and the French Quarter just a few blocks away. Perfect spot if you ask me.

I went to my first Saints game this year and I thought the Dome was great. What I don't get though is.....if they expanded the seating for the Sugar Bowl....why not for Saints games? Can you imagine how much louder that place can be?!? Maybe some sort of fancy scoreboard in the middle....and definitely....more lighting. If anything REALLY needs work in the Dome?.......its the chairs....they could be a little bigger. (Oh and bring that insane car horn from the 1979 clip!!) As for location....I thought it was awesome!...Parties all up and down the main ave. and the French Quarter just a few blocks away. Perfect spot if you ask me.
The Superdome will seat just as many people for the Sugar Bowl as Saints games. The team and the NFL decide together what the sell-out number is which has nothing to do with how many people can be seated physically in the Superdome.

This might sound minor, but I'm in the top row of the plaza endzone. I can't see the replay screen, so they have these 1970's TV hung from the overhang. Why can't we get some nice flat screens in there?
Also, isn't the dome still set up to do baseball games. That will never happen, and basketball in the dome really sucks, so make it a football only venue along with the tractor pulls, boat shows, etc.

The Superdome will seat just as many people for the Sugar Bowl as Saints games. The team and the NFL decide together what the sell-out number is which has nothing to do with how many people can be seated physically in the Superdome.

Correct me if I am wrong but.....don't Saints games usually sell out at like 69k while the Sugar Bowl had close to like 74k? Something about expanding the Superdome? Or are you auggesting the the Saints and the NFL deicided that 69k would be a sell-out? If so....then why not push for the bigger number?

Correct me if I am wrong but.....don't Saints games usually sell out at like 69k while the Sugar Bowl had close to like 74k? Something about expanding the Superdome? Or are you suggesting the the Saints and the NFL deicided that 69k would be a sell-out? If so....then why not push for the bigger number?
Yes. Sellout numbers determine whether or not the game will be shown locally. The higher the number, the m,ore difficult it is to sell the game out and have the game available for the people who are not at the game to see it.

This won't cap the number of people allowed in the Superdome by any means. You can still have 74,000 show up and get in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom