Props for the Dome on ESPN Page 2 (1 Viewer)

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
From the Half-Year NFL Awards column today by David Fleming

HALF THE STORY: From a distance I saw the massive tab for rebuilding the Superdome and thought, "That money would have been better spent elsewhere." Then I walked to the Saints-Eagles game from several blocks away with the fans and the residents and the vendors and a fat drunk guy with an Eagles jersey on wearing Mardi Gras beads the size of Christmas ornaments, and I saw, firsthand, the value of such a symbol of hope. That city is coming back and it's all radiating outward from inside that stadium.
Good column.

Link

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
HALF-JAPANESE: Saints linebacker and leading tackler Scott Fujita who does a samurai fist-in-palm bow after each sack. We hung out a bit during the Saints' bye week, and by the looks of his very cool warehouse-district loft (two doors down from Emeril) I'm happy to report that my wife no longer holds the record for most Pottery Barn purchases in one dwelling.

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
"
DOING TWICE AS MUCH WITH HALF THE TALENT: Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, Eric Mangini and Rams coach Scott Linehan -- they prove my theory that when searching for a new coach, the smart owners and GMs worry less about the guy's Q rating and more about how the new guy's schemes fit the personnel already in place. "

Didn't Payton change more than half of the roster?

I guess that it sounded good when he wrote it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom