Props for the Dome on ESPN Page 2 (1 Viewer)

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
From the Half-Year NFL Awards column today by David Fleming

HALF THE STORY: From a distance I saw the massive tab for rebuilding the Superdome and thought, "That money would have been better spent elsewhere." Then I walked to the Saints-Eagles game from several blocks away with the fans and the residents and the vendors and a fat drunk guy with an Eagles jersey on wearing Mardi Gras beads the size of Christmas ornaments, and I saw, firsthand, the value of such a symbol of hope. That city is coming back and it's all radiating outward from inside that stadium.

Good column.

Link

HALF-JAPANESE: Saints linebacker and leading tackler Scott Fujita who does a samurai fist-in-palm bow after each sack. We hung out a bit during the Saints' bye week, and by the looks of his very cool warehouse-district loft (two doors down from Emeril) I'm happy to report that my wife no longer holds the record for most Pottery Barn purchases in one dwelling.

"
DOING TWICE AS MUCH WITH HALF THE TALENT: Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, Eric Mangini and Rams coach Scott Linehan -- they prove my theory that when searching for a new coach, the smart owners and GMs worry less about the guy's Q rating and more about how the new guy's schemes fit the personnel already in place. "

Didn't Payton change more than half of the roster?

I guess that it sounded good when he wrote it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom