Props to Derek Carr (1 Viewer)

Dhatboi

Veteran
Reaction score
After watching the Game pass of the game today I half to say the play of this young Qb was impressive. The statement of no pass rush was an over reaction in my opinion there were many plays were he was forced out of the pocket. He just made the plays and kept his eyes down the field regardless of the pressure. His speed allowed him to make plays with his legs when he needed to and overall was very smart about it. Eli Manning will not make the same plays this QB did yesterday and we would have had multiple sacks against him if it were him.

One thing I did notice going into the fourth was the change in how we attacked on defense. As if we went into lets play not to lose only sending three lineman allowing receivers to run towards space.

Kudos to the Raiders and best of luck to the rest of the season. After being in the basement of the league the last 15 years seems the pieces are there to build on.

Yeah, Carr looked great, but this thread belongs in a Raiders forum. We're too busy gushing over our WR's and complaining about the defense.

Yeah, but he was also running around wild and throwing up jump balls like Jake Delhomme circa 2003. Dude got hella lucky more than a couple times, but then again it is such a Saints thing to do, giving up all those ridiculous plays. Should've been at least 2 interceptions. But that's how you know things just aren't gonna go your way.

Another thing that stood out to me was the upgrade we have at OLB with Robertson. Imagine him and Ellerbe on the same field talking about flying to the football. This year seems we went out and spent good money (jury still out on Fleener) didn't over pay for one or two single players. But collectively brought in tier 2 players who can come in and bring in leadership and contribute.

PJ Williams reminds me alot of Tracy Porter someone who will give up plays but will also take chances. Covered Amari Cooper most of the game and yes he got his but not all on Williams and was there when he caught it.

Tackling has improved there was glimpse of repeat on plays but overall it has gotten better this first game.

The Raiders are ready for a great run. I think we will look back come playoff time and realize just how good they are. Carr is set to have a really good year with all the weapons he has.

I was going to say the same thing. A lot of plays he was forced to make a play on the run and he did. I wouldn't expect that from Eli next week. Especially being from NJ, I listen to NY Sports talk radio quite a lot and from what im hearing I don't think their offensive line is too good. I just think everyone is overreacting to the loss. If Lutz bangs that 61 yarder, the mood is WAY different around here.

After we made it 34-27 I thought we had it in the bag

They showed Carr on the sidelines ready to go and the focus and determination on that dudes face was straight cold steel

Damn good player and hell of a comeback win

The Raiders should replace the Broncos atop the AFC West, though they too should be disappointed with the pressure they got on the quarterback.

Already this year we have seen probably 5 of the top 6 teams in the AFC. I hopefully it pays off in the long run.

Another thing that stood out to me was the upgrade we have at OLB with Robertson. Imagine him and Ellerbe on the same field talking about flying to the football. This year seems we went out and spent good money (jury still out on Fleener) didn't over pay for one or two single players. But collectively brought in tier 2 players who can come in and bring in leadership and contribute.

PJ Williams reminds me alot of Tracy Porter someone who will give up plays but will also take chances. Covered Amari Cooper most of the game and yes he got his but not all on Williams and was there when he caught it.

Tackling has improved there was glimpse of repeat on plays but overall it has gotten better this first game.

I am beginning to think that we probably won't see Ellerbee play much. He always seems to be hurt.

The Raiders are ready for a great run. I think we will look back come playoff time and realize just how good they are. Carr is set to have a really good year with all the weapons he has.

I remember saying it was no shame to lost to the Cardinals in game 1 last year. I'll just say "opinions varied". :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom