Props to Jamie Dukes.. Still believes Saints are best! (1 Viewer)

LoyalNCFan

30 Year Fan, Trans 'Yat!
Reaction score
Jamie Dukes still says the 'Saints as the best team in the NFL', despite loss. Made this comment after last nights game on NFLN. :ezbill:

Ya, I know he's a talking head. It's just nice to see someone who doesn't change opinion week to week.

Jamie Dukes still says the 'Saints as the best team in the NFL', despite loss. Made this comment after last nights game on NFLN. :ezbill:

Ya, I know he's a talking head. It's just nice to see someone who doesn't change opinion week to week.

i think a game that is played on a weekly basis tends to lead one to change opinion on a weekly basis. I don't think you can lose your last game (while playing badly) and be considered the best team in the NFL. 13-1 is great but there are teams playing better ball than Saints right now, after Bucs game that might change.

I still think we are the best team. They all needed that loss. From SP to the players. Our run/pass ratio was getting out of wack and our D just couldn't keep up. McCray said it best when he said that "we were starting to feel invincible." Now they know they can't wait until the 4th quarter to turn it on which is something they didn't do when they were playing like the best team in the league earlier in the season.

He was very frank about BUSH, saying Bush needs to be cut, and is over paid

I still think we are the best team. They all needed that loss. From SP to the players. Our run/pass ratio was getting out of wack and our D just couldn't keep up. McCray said it best when he said that "we were starting to feel invincible." Now they know they can't wait until the 4th quarter to turn it on which is something they didn't do when they were playing like the best team in the league earlier in the season.

The Dallas game was a wake up call but there are a lot of factors that went into the loss. Injuries have changed the face of our defense and the kind of schemes that GW can dial up have been noticeably limited. With our secondary depleted, Sharper has had to cover receivers and his lack of speed has been a liability. Porter played a solid game and it was great to have him back but we need Greer badly.

We really miss Heath Evans and Shockey, and when Reggie went out with the hammy, the blocking options became slim. TE sets have been bread and butter to our offense and without Shockey they did not exist. Plus Payton and Brees did not take advantage of the short field underneath where Shockey has been a huge factor. It was strange to see Drew hold on to the ball so long, compared to how quickly I am used to seeing him release it. He was definitely off that night. In fact, it seemed like the entire team was off that night, from the coaches on down. Like they were shocked when they didn't get the results they expected from the plays that were being called both on offense and defense. Then they did not recover from their shell shocked state.

After watching the game and reading the quotes from Drew when he said that maybe they made it more complicated than it had to be, I believe that Payton understands he had the wrong game plan against Dallas and that he did not adjust well by getting the running game going.

With all that said, the fact that they were able to come back within one score of tying, taking the lead or going into OT tells me that this team has what it takes. Deverey Henderson catches that ball in the end zone, I think we go on to win. Seemed as if nothing was going right for them that night. One of the players said on an interview, "It was just too little too late."

Hindsight is 20-20. That will hopefully prove to serve as the catalyst for better game planning and getting back to a balanced offense and starting fast, which is what this team has not been able to do in the past 3 games. They know what they need to do. Even with injuries, they can do it and I am confident that they will.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom