Props to linebackers (1 Viewer)

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
All three starters (Klein, Teo and Davis) were involved and making plays. Nobody was guessing wrong, shooting the wrong gaps. They played well and within themselves and even the pass coverage wasn't all that bad, IMO. Davis made a few nice plays sideline to sideline, Teo was smart and tough inside and Klein actually looked like an NFL player.

It looked like Anzalone only played in nickel for very few snaps, which is probably how it should be.

Klein was beasting today. He was in the backfield quite a bit and this was the Davis expecting when we signed him. They are going to continue to get better with continuity

Have to admit, they played better today.

Still skeptical, but maybe they can build off this and get a little better.

They settled in on the top three and they got in a groove...don't know why Anzalone is getting snaps on defense at all since it's taking reps and momentum from whatever linebacker is coming out to justify his snaps.

Tao played a great game in both run defense and pass defense...he is a smart player who is where he is supposed to be

I agree with the OP about the LBs, but not about the coverage in the secondary b/c it inexcusably broke down at the end of the game. Anzalone needs to ride the pines. Davis looks like he's starting to find his groove with our D. I'd like to see Davenport play more on the D line. If the secondary can clean up their mistakes and if we would start playing more press, I think we could be decent on D.

Our defense looked way better today. But still making a few mental errors. There's still a lot they need to improve on. Our LB's starting to play more consistently, I believe they will get better each game as long as they keep the same group playing together. The run defense was suffocating today. Looking forward to the defense getting better each game. We had our first sacks and turnover today, lets hope we see more of that each week.

I didn’t focus on Anzalone but he had at least one great open field tackle for about a 5 yard loss.

I agree with the OP about the LBs, but not about the coverage in the secondary b/c it inexcusably broke down at the end of the game. Anzalone needs to ride the pines. Davis looks like he's starting to find his groove with our D. I'd like to see Davenport play more on the D line. If the secondary can clean up their mistakes and if we would start playing more press, I think we could be decent on D.
FWIW I was talking about the LBs in coverage not the secondary.

They settled in on the top three and they got in a groove...don't know why Anzalone is getting snaps on defense at all since it's taking reps and momentum from whatever linebacker is coming out to justify his snaps.

Tao played a great game in both run defense and pass defense...he is a smart player who is where he is supposed to be

Agreed. Even early in TC, I posted that AJ, Teo, and DD should be the starters in base because that trio were the best “thumpers” against the run. Moreover, all have experience at MLB, which tells me they’re also pretty smart. And smarts, combined with good instincts, not it allow a player to be in good position, to play faster too!

Only Davis is learning a new position at WIL, but he does have the athleticism to play it, and will likely improve as the season goes on. I jus think he would be much farther along had he gotten the majority of his reps in preseason playing at WIL, esp when he was in with the 1s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom